Release 2019.008 was first deployed to Vanilla Cloud on Thursday, June 27th 2019
Security Improvements w/ HSTS
Note: This feature was also applied in a patch to 2019.007.
This Vanilla release improves security by allowing sites to enable stricter security on their domains.
This feature is now on by default and means that once a user has visited a site over
https:// their browser will always use
https:// for this domain in the future. This is a more secure mechanism for enforcing
https:// than redirects, and prevents user from accidentally browsing the insecure version of a site.
Various configuration options and their descriptions can be found on the Security page in the Vanilla dashboard.
- Fix moving an idea to a non ideation category. #8952 #1891
- Fix passing of RankID directly to endpoints. #8975
- Fix ability to bypass ranks posting by saving a draft. #1885 #8946
- Fix adding numbers to keywordBlocker flags userIDs. #1890
- Simplify showing and hiding name and password. #1911
- Fix category following for members. #8979
- Fix category discussion type not respected when creating a poll. #1882
- Fix category discussion type not respected when creating a question. #715
- Fix category specific search. #210
- Allow subcommunities to see all categories visible to the user when posting a discussion. #212
- Migrate API from v1 to v2 #1901
Note: The first 2 fixes were also applied in a patch to 2019.007.