Release 2019.018 was first deployed to Vanilla Cloud on Thursday, December 05 2019.
Content Translation in Knowledge Base
Release 2019.018 added the ability to translate articles in a multilingual Knowledge Base.
This release builds on that, by allowing translation of other Knowledge Base content like:
- Knowledge Bases
- Categories in a Knowledge Base
How does it work?
- After creating a Knowledge Base or category in the source locale an icon appears in the form header identifying that the content can be translated.
- The source locale content and translated fields are displayed in a grid for editing.
- Edit the content and submit them.
Note this feature may require a new plugin Site Translator. To enable this plugin for your Knowledge Base, contact your CSM.
The following API endpoints now support a
locale parameter. Passing this parameter will apply the translated version provided through these forms.
- Breadcrumbs are now translated when expanded in all knowledge base endpoints.
New TitleBar Option for Keystone
This release keystone ships an optional new TitleBar.
The new TitleBar shares design language and features with the Knowledge Base titlebar including:
- A new and improved MeBox.
- An integrated search box.
- Navigation Links.
Using this feature requires enabling the
DataDrivenTitleBar feature flag. Currently this can only be enabled during Custom Theme development. As we iterate on this feature it become easier to enable and ship as the default in a future release.
Image Sizing Notes
In a previous release, Vanilla updated its default image sizing & alignment rules. After receiving a lot of feedback from community managers and users we've incorporated that feedback and made the following changes to the default image styles.
- Wide images will now be displayed at the full content width.
- Tall images will now display at their full height.
- Small images will not be stretched. Instead they will be remain their original size.
- Images will default to using center alignment, but respect the alignment options of Advanced Editor.
Note existing custom theme's and CSS may mean that these behaviours are not what is displayed on your site. These behaviours are default and can be changed through a custom theme or CSS.
Knowledge Base Fixes
- Improved behaviour of the Back Button when being linked directly from a search engine or other external source. knowledge#1358
- Fixed a bug preventing converting discussions to Articles in certain site configurations. support#1080
- Knowledge Base OpenGraph tags and JSON+LD will now use the share image from "Branding" dashboard page when articles do not contain an image. vanilla#9616
- Deleting & Purging Knowledge Bases in the dashboard no longer requires a full page reload. knowledge#1406
- Updated wording for various error & warning messages. knowledge#1370
- Updated styling of "Article Deleted" message. knowledge#1370
- Fixed a bug allowing creating of a category in the wrong source locale. vanilla#9620
- Fixed bugs preventing the use of drafts attached to a deleted article or knowledge base. The draft content can still be used now (or deleted) and a warning will be displayed. knowledge#1214
Community Bug Fixes
- Implemented new Collapse behaviour in the Spam & Moderation Queues. support#793
- Fixed a bug causing certain text content to prevent loading of the Spam & Moderation Queues. support#793
- Fix script loading error causing issues in Internet Explorer 11. vanilla#9672, vanilla#9663
- This fix was backported to the 2019.017 release as well.
- Fix performance issues in certain browsers using Rich Editor by implementing a new Syntax Highlighting behaviour. vanilla#9659
- Fix bugs that could cause the cursor to appear in the wrong spot in Rich Editor. vanilla#9659
- Fix a bug where the Category URLCode input would disappear at certain screen sizes. support#171
- Fix a bug that could cause the Rich Editor to crash during a mention. support#1048
- Fix comment watch status in visited discussions. vanilla#9723
- Add SEO attribute values to rich embeds. vanilla#9691
- Fix inability to warn a user from their profile. internal#2103
- Fix Default Role Types docs URL. vanilla#9682
- Fixing adding GET params to existing URLs in OAuth2. vanilla#9748
- Fix SAML exception rendering HTML. internal#2117
- Fix confusing message and workflow in SSO connections. vanilla#9721
- Fix inability to change your user name on connecting over SAML. internal#2107
- Fix JSON Web Token (JWT) SSO plugin so that it doesn't break other SSO flows. internal#2094
- Add state token to OAuth2 registrations. vanilla#9634
- Ranks: Make external link checking for ranks more robust. internal#2119
- Terms plugin: Fix caching issues with the CSS of the Terms Plugin. internal#2116
- SalesForce: Fix old debug code rendering in Salesforce attachments. internal#2110
- QnA: Fix checking of curation manage permission when accepting/rejecting answers. addons#763
- Ideation: Prevent deletion of Active status through API. internal#2091
An updated version of this release was applied on December 18th, 2019 with the following fixes:
- Fixed a bug prevented
style-compat.css from loading on certain sites. vanilla#9845
- Allow Knowledge Base menu items to be customized through the
variables.json asset. vanilla#9846