Release 2020.021 will be released:
- To staging sites, Tuesday, October 20th
- To production sites, Monday, October 26th
- To Enterprise clients, Monday, November 2nd
Featured Categories Widget
This release introduces our new Featured Categories Widget. This is a theme component that can be leveraged to highlight specific categories on your community's homepage.
How do I enable the Featured Categories Widget?
If you are using our new Foundation theme, the widget is enabled by default, all you need to do is go into your Category settings and enable the new Featured Category setting:
Once you categories are featured, they will appear at the top of your Categories and Recent Discussions pages. If you are using Best Of as your homepage, your Featured Categories will also appear here.
Some of you may have themes built on one of our legacy themes like Keystone, Bootstrap3, Deflector etc. If you are using one of these themes, you can add the widget into your theme's HTML.
Instructions on how to do this to come.
Some of you have custom themes built by built by Vanilla as a professional service, or maybe you're an Enterprise client with an in-house development team maintaining a file-based theme. This widget can be added to your theme as a service, or with the help of your dev team.
How do I customize the look and feel of the Featured Categories widget?
Our new theme editor is now equipped with configurations to easily update the look and feel of the new widget. Here you will see a list of theme settings that you can configure to your liking. This gives you flexibility to apply any combination of these style variations as needed and with no coding required.
Here a just a few different examples of what can be achieved by mixing and matching our available configuration options.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed embeds on iOS Devices (iPads) - support#1939
- Fixed alignment issues with user cards are enabled - support#2435
- Fixed issue exposing group content on Unanswered & Best Of pages - support#2748
- Fixed editor serving blank screen when restoring certain KB articles - support#2748
- Fixed the Group's invitation modal - support#2781
- Fixed broken fonts on the new search page for copied themes. - vanilla-cloud#985
- Fixed broken default fonts in theme editor - vanilla-cloud#986
- Fixed various workflow issues with Group invitations and applications - support#2764
- Fixed scrolling issues with the notifications dropdown menu on desktop and mobile - support#2629