Release 2021.005 will be deployed:
- To staging sites, Tuesday, March 9th
- To production sites, Monday, March 15th
- To Enterprise client sites, Monday, March 22nd
New Theming Widgets
We continue to build out our widget catalogue to make it easier to build and customize common theme components.
With this release we've added an RSS feed widget to allow you to easily pull blog posts or news feeds into your community pages.
Add a user-spotlight to your community pages to introduce your community team members, or recognize thought leaders and super users.
Theme Template Updates
In previous releases when you copied a theme template, it would be separated completely from the template. All assets would be copied. This made updates to custom templates by Vanilla for new features of fixes particularly complicated. A template would need to be re-copied and modified to get the updates.
Starting with this release templates only the changed portion of a template are copied, allowing updates to be made to the parent template after the fact.
banner.options.hideIcon - Defaults to true. Set this to false to display the category icon in the banner.
banner.icon.* - Apply various options to the icon in the banner.
homeWidgetItem.options.* - Various new options have been added.
tags.tagItem.showCount - Set to false to hide tag counts in the tag cloud.
userSpotlight.* - Variables for a new widget. Please note that these variables may change slightly as this is only the first release of this component.
General Theming Improvements
- Improved alignment and spacing of the group page.
- When a banner or content banner is used with a title or description the title and/or description will no longer be duplicated in the main content of the page.
- The pages the content banner and banner display on can now be configured by setting an array of sections for this configuration key. Here are the defaults:
["DiscussionList", "CategoryDiscussionList", "CategoryList", "NewEventList"]
["Discussion", 'Drafts', 'Profile', 'PostDiscussion']
New Zapier Templates Available
Over the last few weeks we've released a few more Zapier templates to help get you started with our integration. Check them out!
Bug Fixes & Improvements