Release 2020.003 was first deployed to Vanilla Cloud on Thursday, February 07 2020.
New hamburger menu
A hamburger menu that replaces our current site navigation when using a mobile device. This implements new panel navigation for easy navigation through the site.
Brand logo will now appear in mobile title
The title-bars logo will now display when viewing the site on a mobile device. I can be left-aligned or centered.
Added transitions for Modals and Side Panels
Some noteworthy transitions that have been applied.
- A simple fade for most modals.
- A fade-in and slide up for the content modals.
- A slide down for the mobile navigation type modals.
- A slide in from left or right for side panels.
Subcommunities & Knowledge-Base
Allow administrators to disable the forum pages
Administrators now have the ability to disable the forum site if they want a knowledge-base to be a stand alone site. If a user tries to navigate to the discussion and category they will be shown a not found page 404. Administrators can see the option in the "Branding & SEO" section in the dashboard.
Knowledge Base as a homepage option
Knowledge base can now be selected as the home page in through "Layouts" page in the dashboard.
Subcommunity homepage chooser
Administrators now have the ability to configure the default route for their subcommunity. Navigating to either a subcommunity root or a the absolute site root will bring you directly to the configured homepage. There is now an option to disable the forum or the knowledge-base per subcommunity. To disable a forum or knowledge-base the selected homepage must not be required for the site to work. For example the forum can't be disabled if the homepage has some relation to the forum (discussions, categories) and vice a versa. This allows for the subcommunity have a feel of an independent site.
The homepage options are as following
- Discussions (default)
Administrators will be able to set these options when editing a subcommunity in dashboard.
Add additional navigation link options for custom themes
See the updated documentation here.
New banner image uploads for content image
Images for the knowledge-base banner and content can now be uploaded in the "General Appearance" section. (see New banner for style variations )
Apply descriptions from KB and general appearance
A description can be set for the knowledge-base homepage in the "General Appearance" section.
New banner style variations
Theme-developers now have the ability to customize the knowledge-base banner, see below for some variations.
Knowledge Base Chooser theme options
- Individual tiles can be left-aligned.
- Hover styles can adjusted.
- Icon sizing can be adjusted.
Added option for center-aligned navigation menu
Allows for the title bars navigation menu to be centered.
- Fix knowledge-base chooser tile spacing issue knowledge#1493
- Fix converting discussion to article functionality support#1354
- Fix search failing when post format not defined support#1236
- Fix search result Images displayed incorrectly support#1202
- Fix organize category buttons being disabled support#1355
- Fix combo breaker badge not being awarded. vanilla#9981
- Fix logic for determining if a discussion has been read by a user. vanilla#9944
- Fix non nonce found in stash JSConnect. addons#771
- Fix custom theme caching and template dir search. internal#2221
- Fix adding required user fields when approving a post from moderation. vanilla#10035
- Fix ideation error when users adds 5 tags. internal#2217
- Fix SignIn and Register buttons when Google SignIn is default SignIn method. vanilla#10030
- Fix spacing and reactions alignment in Keystone/Boilerplate. vanilla#10029
- Fix SiteNode plugin breaking when running utility/structure under certain conditions. multisite#334
- Fix unexpected HTML rendering in Advanced Search results. internal#2208
- Fix subcommunity search with nested categories. multisite#332
- Fix change log deleted record url. vanilla#10009
- Fix HTML being unnecessarily encoded in form error messages. vanilla#10007
- Fix adding active where clause on getBadges. internal#2205
- Fix Online plugin not displaying who's online by category. internal#2159
- Remove some compatibility functions that are no longer needed. vanilla#9907
- Fix bug in addTimeoutEvent(). internal#2197
- Add PSR-14 events for a discussion write operations. vanilla#9932
- Add a sensible default Smarty template directory. vanilla#10039
- Fix polluted SchemaFactory dependencies in test. vanilla#9996
- Knowledge-base and Subcommunity table were updated (run a utility-update)