The following bug-fixes initially scheduled for this release have been backported and included in 2020.017.
- Fixed issue where Theme Editor themes could have been corrupted and edits would not save. support#2475
- Fixed issue where converted discussion content in articles or pasting content into articles would not reflect in the saved article if you didn't make any edits after converting/pasting. support#2624
- Adjusted the default for the "Groups.EmailInvitations.Add" to only be given site community managers by default. Non-enterprise sites using groups may want to validate that you have only given this permission to intended roles. vanilla-cloud#779
- Fixed a bug where the
/api/v2/search endpoint would only return
recordID and not
discussionID for discussions. support#2459
- Fix SameSite secure cookies to be compatible with the latest versions of Google Chrome. vanilla-cloud#766
- Fixed a bug leading to incorrect document height when using the "Foundation" theme on an embedded site. vanilla-cloud#756
- Fix a bug where knowledge base memory caching wouldn't clear itself efficiently leading to sporadic 500 errors when editing articles. support#2411
- Fix issues could cause the article editor to become unresponsive or crash after converting an important article. support#2373
- Fix file embeds not rendering correctly in Rich Editor. support#2386
Release 2020.017 will be released:
- To staging sites, Tuesday, August 25th
- To production sites, Monday, August 31st
- To Enterprise customers, Monday, September 7th
Group Invitations by Email
By default, group owners, leaders or managers can invite users to join groups by searching and selecting registered usernames. With this release, we've added the ability to invite users to groups using email addresses. The invitation modal has been extended to allow you to create or submit a list of emails you would like to target with a group invitations.
- Registered users will receive a notification letting them know they've been invited to the group, and will be linked to the group where they can accept or reject the invitation.
- Unregistered users will receive a notification letting them know they've been invited to the group, and will be linked to the registration page where they can create their accounts before accepting or rejecting the group invitation.
A new permission has been added to enable this capability by role. Users will need to be group owners, leaders or managers and have the Email Invitation.Add permission.
New Notifications for Group Management
We've added 3 new notification options pertaining to group membership:
You can now receive notifications when you've been invited to join a group. This was previously handled by a private message.
Group owners and leaders can now receive a notification when a user has applied to join their groups.
Group Applicant Approval:
Users who have applied to join a group can now receive notifications when when their group membership requests have been approved.
These notification options can be configured by editing your profile: