Release 2019.007 was first deployed to Vanilla Cloud on Wednesday, June 5th 2019
Security Patch was deployed on Thursday, June 20th 2019
Rich Editor Markdown Macros
Rich editor now has support for markdown based macros. Try out standard markdown input syntax and watch as it is transformed into your Rich Post.
- Fix a memory leak and improve performance of Rich Editor.
- Fixed a bug where warnings and notes would not properly render rich posts. #7764
- Hide negative reaction's user for non-mods/admins. #1863
- Fix api v2 delete reactions endpoint. #28
- Fix API V2 delete badge. #1858
Sitemaps & Robots.txt
- Robots.txt is now present on all sites, separately of the sitemaps plugin.
- The Sitemaps setting page now displays a warning of private communities are enabled. addons#714
- Inherit dashboard post format type. #8767
- Increase the displayed customize theme revision limit from 25 to 300. internal#1850
- Hide category-dropdown when creating a question. #1846
- Remove idea option when inside a group. #1864
- Add PATCH support for API calls. #8735
- Handle content-less responses from PATCH, PUT and DELETE API calls. #8732
- Fix Deep linking headings not scrolling to the correct place. vanilla/knowledge#908
- Fix alignment of inline code. vanilla/vanilla#8635
- Fix layout error when there was no article outline. vanilla/knowledge#866
- Improve consistency of layout column width on desktop. vanilla/knowledge#906
- Fix bug where article outlines could display the incorrect text. If you are experiencing this, republishing the article should fix it.
- Breadcrumbs are now shorter and more approachable. Breadcrumbs are now relative to to the root of the current knowledge base. knowledge#896
- Fixed a bug where updating a categories title would not be immediately reflected in all of the UI. vanilla/knowledge#877
- Fixed a bug when subcategory navigation would be displayed in the root of a Help Center type knowledge base vanilla/knowledge#934.
Titlebar / Vanilla Header
- The layout and alignment of the titlebar has been improved in this release. #8773
- The search bar now stays open while navigating around the rest of the document. vanilla/knowledge#895
The layout of the category pages has been improved. We've tightened up the design on the search page & the category page.
Starting in this release, localization strings have been collected and submitted for translations. Translated text will now be added through the same process as the forum. #8630
This release adds a few new knowledge base APIv2 endpoints.
These API endpoints are for creating redirects from particular paths to an article. Their primary use case is migration from other sites.
/kb/debug page vanilla/knowledge#918
- Fix navigation to knowledge base homepages with uppercase letters. If you have an existing knowledge base with uppercase letters in the URL code, you will need to update it. The form should now guide you to inputting a valid URL code. vanilla/knowledge#846
- Add update notice during deployments vanilla/knowledge#792
- Starting in this release all EntryController pages are now cacheable. Forms are submitted through AJAX. vanilla#8863
- Some long deprecated Gdn_Factory related classes have been deleted in this release. vanilla#8258
- Database tables related to routing aliases have been added in this release. DB update is required. knowledge#986
Deployed Thursday, June 20th 2019
Security Improvements w/ HSTS
Note: This feature was also applied in a patch to 2019.007.
This Vanilla release improves security by allowing sites to enable stricter security on their domains.
This feature is now on by default and means that once a user has visited a site over
https:// their browser will always use
https:// for this domain in the future. This is a more secure mechanism for enforcing
https:// than redirects, and prevents user from accidentally browsing the insecure version of a site.
Various configuration options and their descriptions can be found on the Security page in the Vanilla dashboard.