Release 2019.017 was first deployed to Vanilla Cloud on Thursday, November 14 2019.
Subcommunities & Products
Subcommunities can now be grouped by products. To enable this feature use the new toggle on the subcommunities page.
What is a product?
A product is a way of grouping related subcommunities together. This can enable Rich translation integrations in certain parts of Vanilla. The first integration to use this is multi-lingual articles in Knowledge Base.
Subcommunities & Knowledge Base
This feature requires the Product Integration to be enabled.
Knowledge bases can now be assigned to subcommunities through a shared product. After enabling products and linking subcommunities to them you will find a "Product" dropdown menu in the knowledge base add/edit form.
This can be used to link a product. That knowledge base will then be available in all languages, and all subcommunities of that product.
- Translate articles into different languages by editing them in a different subcommunity.
- Article translations have their own revision history.
- Navigate between different article languages on the article page.
- Navigate between subcommunities in the MeBox.
- Search can be filtered to the current product or all products
Documentation for products & subcommunities is currently a work in progress and will be linked here once completed.
Knowledge Base SEO
This release tremendously improves knowledge base's search engine optimization. All knowledge base pages now implement
- Full open graph tag support.
- JSON+LD micro-data.
In order to provide better JSON+LD micro-data an additional "Organization" field has been added to the branding page in the dashboard.
Notifications performance improvements continue in this release with new optimizations.
- MathJax: Update MathJax library.
- OpenID: Fix OpenID signin disable.
- Multisite: Fix role synching. multisite#302
- Sphinx: Fix view permissions when searching. internal#2063
- VanillaPop: Fix Vanilla Pop compatibility with batch emailing. internal#2061
- Add the
$me smart ID. vanilla#9545
lastPost.body expansion to
/api/v2/discussions endpoints. vanilla#9528
- Fix invalid roles being included in user API responses. vanilla#9521
dateLastComment support to the discussions API. vanilla#9493
- Fix documentation of the reactions API endpoint's expand parameters. vanilla#9598
- Optimize search querying on sites without Sphinx. vanilla#9515
- Improve performance of various actions involving reactions. internal#2051
- In order to receive this performance improvement, large sites may require a short maintenance period.
- Performance of the manage knowledge base pages has been improved. knowledge#1361
- Fixed a bug that caused certain text to break the moderation queue by using the new collapser. vanilla#9635
- Fix prevent copyLocal to copy from anything but the uploads directory. vanilla#9587
- Remove calls to deprecated
- Fix merge tags UI in the dashboard. vanilla#9585
- Fix warning in ImportModel. vanilla#9540
- Fix some legacy spoiler handling in Markdown content. vanilla#9523
- Fix category validation when posting a new discussion. vanilla#649
- Fix casing of multi-byte locale display names in Multilingual. addons#756
- Add regular expression support for username validation. vanilla#9446
- Fix duplicate title in Advanced Editor's link menu. vanilla#9566
- Fix various deprecated function calls or PHP warnings. vanilla#9571, vanilla#9583, vanilla#9584, vanilla#9510
- Add additional meta tags to the signin page. vanilla#9539
- Do not add the "#latest" tag when the config setting
Vanilla.Comments.AutoOffset is set to false. vanilla#9511
- Fix appearance of the user moderation page when viewed directly (such as navigated from a bookmark). vanilla#9534
- Fix MeBox conversations dialogue crashing when there is an empty conversation created over the API. vanilla#9536
- We've deprecated the marking up of search terms in search results because it exhibits inconsistent results and often clashes with themes.
- Add Scheduler to Vanilla's testing bootstrap. vanilla#9557
- This release updates the core typescript version to 3.7. vanilla#9570
Gdn_SQLDriver::whereNotIn workarounds. vanilla#9525
- Soft deprecate
config() , and
Garden.Archive.Exclude functionality. vanilla#9488
- The following PHP extensions now have explicit checking in vanilla's setup:
- Many new dashboard form inputs are available in React in the
- Existing forum content now renders with additional CSS classes: Code blocks, images, blockquotes and spoilers. vanilla#9505
- Custom URL schemes can now be specified using the
Garden.Html.CustomUrlSchemes configuration value. https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/pull/9538