Release 2020.002 was first deployed to Vanilla Cloud on Friday, January 24 2020.
Rich Editor Embed Menu
Rich Editor has new menu options for embeds.
- Every embed now has a menu with a delete button.
- Image embeds now have a menu with a delete button and an accessibility options button.
Additionally, selecting an embed on a touch device will no longer dismiss the keyboard.
Other Embeds Menu
Closes vanilla#8384, vanilla#8548, support#276, vanilla#8425.
Improved Loading Experience
Loading indicators have been replaced with Placeholders in certain parts of the knowledge base UI. For example, when changing articles the following loader will now be displayed, rather than the spinner.
- Fix a bug where inserting a link in an article would scroll the article to the top of the page. vanilla#9914
- Fix issue where Knowledge Breadcrumbs would scroll by 1 pixel. support#1133
New TitleBar Options
The TitleBar component has some new theming options.
Full Bleed TitleBar over Banner Image
New Theme Preview Menu
As Vanilla prepares for major improvements to its theming system, the Theme Preview dialogue has been updated with new appearance and now uses the PUT
It looks like this.
- Fix group events disappearing before event has ended. Internal#2179
- Fix a a bug where ranks restriction could cause a Rich Post to turn to appear without any formatting. support#1210
- Fix a bug where a the Rich Editor inline-code format would add 1 too many spaces. vanilla#9912
- Fix a bug where quotes would encode entity characters in discussion titles. vanilla#9837
- Fix display of discussion buttons. vanilla#9929
- Fix Keystone invisible header logo link color vanilla#9951
- Fix display of categories with no discussion on "Mixed" layout vanilla#9938
Vanilla's theming system is undergoing some major renovations! In this release the first parts of this are in progress.
- Create a new shared local package,
@vanilla/theme-core. This contains all many SCSS partials that were previously part of keystone or theme-boilerplate.
- Themes may now be put into the
/addons/themes directory. This directory supports any theme, but is particularly useful for themes that required access to local packages.
theme-boilerplate, and the upcoming
theme-foundation now make use of a shared local package
@vanilla/theme-core. They have been moved into the
- A new CLI command has been added to scaffold a new theme based on
@vanilla/theme-core. In the root of your installation run
yarn scaffold theme --help for more information.