This release was first deployed to Vanilla cloud on March 10th, 2020.
The knowledge-base settings page has been update to reflect some new functionality. There now are 3 tabs which different configuration settings.
- General which contains previous knowledge-base settings.
- Permissions (new feature).
- Universal Content (new feature).
The tabs maintain their state, so users can navigate between tabs and not lose their configured settings. The form is saved collectively, so if there are any issues in a specific tab a tool tip will be provided to make the user aware of any issues that have arisen.
Knowledge-Base specific permissions
Administrators are now able to set specific permissions on an individual knowledge based on a users role.
There are currently 2 permissions.
- Viewers: who can only view knowledge-base content
- Content Creators: who can perform general actions such as adding/editing articles, organizing categories, etc.
Universal content gives administrators/moderators the ability create a universal knowledge-base (Universal Source) whose contents can be shared across multiple other knowledge-bases (Universal Targets).
From the settings page you'll be able to set a universal source and the selected targets. The content will be then appear in the selected targeted knowledge-bases. Help Center sources will appear as an addition help center navigation under the main navigation. Guides will appear as Cards, in the same way they do on the Knowledge base Chooser.
- Fixed cancel button not being clickable in convert to article modal. knowledge#1588
- Fix embedded quote click functionality. vanilla#10182
- Fix Civil Tongue Ex pattern matching boundaries. addons#780
- Fix results displaying on empty search. internal#2279
- Fix decrease in font size of certain content. vanilla#10178
- Fix categories mixed layout loading discussions. vanilla#10169
- Fix mixedLayout not displaying hero image. vanilla#10163
- Fix members can't view own badges. internal#2276
- Fix looping when JSConnect fails and site has Private Community turned on. addons#777
- Fix ideation status url encoding. internal#2276
- Fix save draft button when starting a new discussion. vanilla#10142
- Fix moderation log comment display for pre-moderated categories. internal#2264
- Fix events display time in "Upcoming Events". internal#2258
- Fix change log level for jsconnect_success event to INFO from ERROR. addons#775
- Fix "new" tags on discussions created after category has been marked read. vanilla#10133
- Fix striping out from end of mentions. vanilla#10131
- Fix category dropdown options when moving a reported discussion using a checkbox. vanilla#10130