Release 2021.002 will be deployed
- to Staging sites, Tuesday, January 26th
- to Production sites, Monday, February 1st
- to Enterprise client sites, Monday, February 8th
Quick Links Manager
The Quick Links managers helps your community members navigate to essential parts of your community. By default, this menu appears in your side panel, and here we include some helpful links here to things like your Categories list, your Recent Discussions page, your drafts, bookmarks, Group pages, Unanswered queue and more.
With this release we are introducing a Quick Links manager to allow you to have more control over which links appear here.
- Hide or rename our default links
- Add your own
- Reorder the menu
- Apply basic theme settings
To find out more about how to use these features see -
New Zapier Triggers & Actions
This past fall we launched our Zapier integration -
This allows you to take certain actions in other platforms and tools based on triggers in Vanilla, or vis-versa, take certain actions in Vanilla based on triggers in other platforms and tools.
For example, if you wish to create tickets in Zendesk when new discussions are added in specific Vanilla categories, you can set up a Zap for this.
We have released a few more Vanilla actions & triggers to help us build out future ready-to-use templates. These new triggers include:
- Report Filed: Use this to trigger actions in other platforms when discussions or comments are reported using our Reporting add-on
- Reaction Added: Use this to trigger actions in other platforms when a reaction is added to a discussion or comment. You will be able to configure additional filters for this to configure the trigger based on:
- Reaction Type: use this if you only wish to trigger the action based on a specific reaction like "Promote" "Like" or "Insightful".
- Category: use this if you only wish to trigger the action based on activity in a specific category
- Discussion: use this if you only wish to trigger the action based on activity on a specific discussion.
New Vanilla actions:
- Close Discussion: Use this action to close Vanilla discussions based on activity in another app.
These triggers and actions are available for use on Zapier today, just select the Vanilla app in Zapier, choose the app you would like to connect to and start configuring your Zap. Check out our Zapier Integration documentation for me info.
Bug fixes & Improvements
- Improvement exposing custom profile fields in API V2 GET calls. Use the expand=extended parameter on GET /users calls to fetch this data using the API. Use the expand=insertUser.extended parameter to get this data on GET /discussions or /comment calls. More details available within our API docs
- Fix Webhook-event options being static in Webhook settings – vanilla-cloud#1355
- Add paging for Webhook deliveries – vanilla-cloud#1874
- Add LinkedIn SSO target query parameter – support#3504
- Fix users being able to update preferences with unsafe inputs. – vanilla-patches#710
- Fix Resolved Discussions v2 changing discussions name – support#3469
- Fix being unable to copy/paste using the context menu in Search bar & Pockets editor - support#3252
- Improved messaging when restoring posts from Spam Queue – support#3495
- Add Reaction tags to reserved list to prevent them from appearing on user posts - support#3412
- Improve default behaviour when setting image alignment in Rich Editor. – vanilla-cloud#1793
- Fix discussions API when type is set to “discussion” – support#3455
- Fix “Cancel” button on groups Add/Edit Forms – support#3496
- Remove byLine functionality from configuration class – vanilla-patches#719
- Fix error when reporting a post with no reason select or added – support#3492
- Fix Quotes not embedding in warnings when embedding was disabled globally -support#3394