Release 2019.014 was first deployed to Vanilla Cloud on Friday, October 4th 2019
The 2019.012 release contained various improvements to reported posts. Following that release many moderators and site administrators reached out and left feedback about various shortcomings in the feature.
In this release we have iterated again on reported posts with numerous UI improvements.
We've overhauled the design with more information and better usability.
- More information about the user is now displayed
- User profile image is displayed.
- User title is now displayed (if ranks or other user title plugin is enabled).
- Post title is always displayed.
- Comments use the discussion title prefixed with "Re:"
- Title links to the post.
- Expand/collapse indicator does not appear for short content.
- Category title & link now appear in the metadata.
- Reported posts are expanded by default.
- The expand/collapse indicator now gives a better indication of if there is collapsed content.
- Improved content height detection.
- All Rich Embeds
- A view discussion link. This is the discussion icon on the bottom left.
- The bottom bar of a report now contains:
- A link directory to the post (comment, discussion, activity, etc). This is the "View Post" link, and will be the same as the title link.
- Embedded content now appears inside of reported posts. This includes:
These changes can be found for all new reported posts. Existing reported posts since the 2019.012 release will still appear as they did before, but with the improved expand/collapse behaviour.
Additionally the following bug fixes have been implemented in the reported posts workflow:
- The post reporting popup can no longer overflow the edges of the screen on mobile devices.
- All links now work properly in hub/node setups.
- Reported activity now has the correct URL.
- Mentions now work inside of the "reasons" for a report.
Starting in this release much of Advanced Search is now covered by automated tests. This was done to enable a new feature, but during the process multiple bugs were fixed.
- Articles can now be searched from advanced search.
/api/v2/search now supports more combinations of filtering including Filtering by subtypes (poll, question, answer, etc) with
/api/v2/search endpoint now supports expanding user records with
- Rich quotes of Discussions now display the user profile image.
- All rich quotes now use the improved expand/collapse UI from reported posts.
- Multiple images can now be uploaded at the same time.
Users on sites with Vanilla POP or advanced notifications were sometimes experiencing slowdown or timeout while posting comments or discussions in the parts of the forum with many active users.
Starting in this release, sending of notifications will take place in a separate process after the post has been made. vanilla#9333, vanilla#9323
- The time formats for some locales have been changed to the 24-hour format in accordance to their locale standards.
- Fix checking for unicode characters on leaving page links.
- Fix photo IDs not being encoded in Getty Images embeds.
- Fix ability to preemptively join conversations.
- Knowledge base now works properly w/ Hub & Node configurations, including the discussion -> Article conversion menus. vanilla#9325
- Fix some knowledge base error page returning an improper content type. vanilla#9331
- Fix a bug where nested lists in Rich Editor would render improperly after being posted. vanilla#9332
- Add invitation target placeholder & description. vanilla#9349
- Move the private community middleware to the /api/v2. vanilla#9321
- Fix header link in
- Fix loop when dispatching exception page. vanilla#9359
- Fix Attributes JSON encoding for special data types. vanilla#9326
- Vanilla's CircleCI orbs are now automatically published when merged to master in the
- Various sphinx search refactoring have occurred in this release. See vanilla#9327, internal#1986, knowledge#1215, addons#743
vanilla-docker can now be configured to run in a subdirectory. vanilla-docker#60
vanilla-cli has an update to improve browser compatibility. It is highly recommended to update your version to version 1.7.1+.