Release 2019.011 was first deployed to Vanilla Cloud on Tuesday, August 13th 2019
Knowledge Base Migrations Support
This release includes Knowledge Base migration support. Please contact your CSM for more information on migrating external KB articles to Vanilla.
Article content may be migrated in any of the following formats:
Editing articles with a non-rich format.
When editing a migrated article, it may not have a Rich formatting type. Editing an article like this will now prompt the editor of the article to upgrade the article format. Upon doing so it will be possible to edit the content of the article and save a new revision.
A new APIv2 endpoint is now available to assist with migrations and formatting changes.
PATCH /api/v2/articles-revisions/re-render allows for a range of article revisions to be re-parsed and re-rendered. This is particularly useful after migrating non-Rich content so that updated HTML, outlines, and excerpts can be re-generated.
It is now possible to add alternative text to images in Rich Editor. When selecting images in Rich Editor a button will appear next to allowing this text to customized.
Alternative text is primarily used to improve SEO and make images accessible to users with vision impairment.
Improved Mention Sorting
While attempting to mention a user, suggested results now have improved sorting. Users that have been active in the last 90 days will be prioritized above users that have not been recently active.
Additionally matching of exact accents is now given high priority than matching of exact casing-sensitivity. For example, if typing mention with the text
sté , the user "Stéphane" would be ranked as a better suggestions than "steven" if both users existed.
- Fix Zendesk errors breaking access to configuration form. internal#1928
- Fix portrait images uploaded from mobile getting oriented. vanilla#9116
- Fix pasting URL in Rich Editor's embed menu. vanilla#9124
- Fix embedding of certain types of pages without descriptions. vanilla#9147
- Fix various bugs with Markdown Macros. vanilla#9177
- More keyboard characters can now trigger macros.
- Macros are now more careful about what areas it checks. It will now only check the immediate text behind your cursor, rather than the whole line.
- Fix duplicate text area in warnings & notes plugin. vanilla#9170
- Fix bug where paragraph formatting menu could open facing the wrong direction. issues#1137
- Fix Rich Editor emoji characters not appearing properly on some version of windows. vanilla#9173
- Fix configuration from the KB General Appearance settings now applying on the knowledge base homepage. vanilla#9150
- Fix unclear UI when selecting an article location in a guide type knowledge base. knowledge#1118
Hero Image Plugin
- Added explicit top and left positioning to absolute positioned hero image. vanilla#9126
This release includes a large refactoring of the text formatting pipeline, as well as 100s of additional automated test cases.
The new class for formatting is
Vanilla\Formatting\FormatService. It is recommend to dependency inject this class using
Garden\Container but it is also easily accessible through
Gdn::formatService(). For each existing vanilla format a new class implementing
Vanilla\Contracts\Formatting\FormatInterface has been created and registered with the service.
The following methods have been updated to point to the service and have been deprecated.
Deprecated and Emitting Warnings
- The config setting
- The parameters
Gdn_Format::textEx . Instead the existing configuration
Garden.Format.ReplaceNewlines now controls this behaviour.
$flavored parameter is no longer available on
Gdn_Format::markdown(). This is now controlled by the configuration value
Garden.Format.UseVanillaMarkdownFlavor (default true).
Deprecated without warnings (for now)