Release 2023.002 will be deployed:
- Staging sites: Tuesday, January 24th
- Production sites: Week of January 30th
- Enterprise client sites: Week of February 6th
Option to disable automatic draft saving
By default, your community is configured to automatically save drafts of unpublished discussions and comments (to prevent a potential loss of work).
- Previously, you could disable this feature via the Stop Auto Drafts plugin.
- With this release, that plugin has been deprecated and replaced with a configurable Rule on the Dashboard > Settings > Forum > Posting page. Toggle this Rule ON/OFF to control whether drafts are auto-saved in your community.
- As before, drafts will be automatically saved, by default; however, if you're already using the Stop Auto Draft plugin, this setting will be disabled to align with your current configuration.
Updated expand=all parameter on /users endpoints
expand=all parameter for API V2's
/user endpoint has been updated to expand all related user fields, including SSO information and profile fields that the calling user has access to.
Hide discussions from Recent Discussions page and Widgets
The Hide from Recent Discussions page setting for Categories has been enhanced to include widgets. When enabled, it will now hide specific Category content from your:
- Recent Discussions page
- and widgets.
Fixes & Improvements
- VNLA-135 Fixed Badges “View More” link opening Reactions modal on user profiles
- VNLA-1445 Fixed Search Autocomplete on KB Pages
- VNLA-1517 Updated Vanilla Support link in Dashboard Settings
- VNLA-1519 Updated documentation links for Ideation plugin
- VNLA-1528 Updated Higher Logic Terms of Service and Refund Policy links in footer
- VNLA-1558 Fixed Broken Images in Branding Settings page
- VNLA-2036 Updated documentation links on the API V2 Dashboard Page
- VNLA-2057 Fixed position of Event RSVPs Modal
- VNLA-3319 Fixed user icons not opening user cards in Who’s Online Widgets, Leaderboard Widgets and Member Search.
- VNLA-453 Fixed infinite loading on Community Hub Member Search
- VNLA-1188 Fixed errors when sorting Places by Name
- VNLA-2013 Fixed inability to search for content created by the Stub Content add-on
- VNLA-2212 Fixed search reindex failures by optimizing discussions endpoint to allowing parsing of formatted content
- VNLA-2215 Fixed API & Search reindex failures caused by Article Revisions with an empty body.
- VNLA-2985 Fixed search errors when searching numerical/integer search terms
- VNLA-3220 - Fixed 'Invalid Date' Error appearing in Event Date filters on Firefox
- VNLA-590 - Updated Category and Tag filters to force Search Scope to current node when using Hub Search
- VNLA-2597 Fixed subcommunity filtering for Search Autocomplete
- VNLA-1663 Fixed content cell tooltips in Analytics showing 'This Content has been deleted'
- VNLA-1746 Fixed date-range picker
- VNLA-1943 Fixed discussion dates in CSV Exports
Style Guide, Layout Editor & Widgets
- VNLA-1766 Fixed Pockets and Rank Messages rendering on deleted content pages
- VNLA-1835 Fixed Group Events not appearing in the Events widget
- VNLA-1926 Fixed duplicate "Unanswered" links in Quick Links Widget
- VNLA-1970 Fixed padding issues when applying Background Colour to Leaderboard widget
- VNLA-2107 Updated banner search button hover state to use colors set in the Style Guide
- VNLA-2670 Fixed errors in Discussions Widgets for Custom Layouts
- VNLA-2911 Fixed repeated Banner Titles in Custom Layouts
- VNLA-2935 Improved success messaging for adding and removing posts from Collections
- VNLA-2938 Fixed Subtitle in Featured Collections Widget
- VNLA-2941 Added validation for required Widget settings
- VNLA-3132 Fixed Feature Image setting not applying to Style Guides
- VNLA-3189 Fixed subcommunity filtering for Custom Recent Discussion Pages
- VNLA-3206 Fixed knowledge base filtering for Articles Widget
- VNLA-1927 Fixed Who’s Online widget settings causing Leaderboard and other widgets to be hidden from Guests.
- VNLA-2717 Improved Discussions List Asset to Support showing a count of up to a 10k discussions
- VNLA-2045 Fixed 500 errors caused when uploading images that cannot be resized
API & Data
- VNLA-1909 Added Column Headers for Ranks and Custom Profile Fields in CSV Exports
- VNLA-3250 Fixed Users API endpoint not returning rel="last" link in header
- VNLA-2884 Updated /media endpoint to delete images from Cloudflare cache
- VNLA-3307 Fixed Profile edits not saving
- VNLA-3238 Fixed /unresolved endpoint causing 520 errors on the Unresolved page
- VNLA-3233 Updated POST /api/v2/draft endpoint and set default format to text
- VNLA-3157 Added IdeationType setting to POST & PATCH /categories endpoint to support configuring Idea category
- VNLA-1930 Fixed "Data Too Long For Column 'Photo'" errors served when signing in via SSO
- VNLA-3051 Fixed SSO configuration allowing setting multiple SSO connections as the default
- VNLA-2912 Fixed inability to disable jsConnect "default signin method" option
- VNLA-3071 Fixed SSO Sign Out URL fields marked as required
- VNLA-3379 Fixed CSRF errors occurring when adding links to discussions
- VNLA-1121 Added “Automatically Save Drafts” to Posting settings to allow Admins to disable automatic saving of drafts
Roles & Permissions
- VNLA-2237 Fixed permission checks on Subcommunity dropdown options
- VNLA-2720 Fixed redirection of Guest users to sign-in page when accessing /profile pages
- VNLA-2890 Added invalidation of Applicant user sessions when their requests to join are rejected
- VNLA-3216 Fixed session timeouts occurring even when users are active on site
- VNLA-3356 Fixed inability to spoof users
- VNLA-3363 Fixed 500 errors in Role request workflows
- VNLA-3157 Fixed New Post button to reflect correct discussion types based on category settings
- VNLA-2896 Fixed performance issues on discussions with numerous code blocks
- VNLA-3278 Fixed performance issues on Group requests
- VNLA-3353 Increased KB limit to 500 for Knowledge Base Settings Page
- VNLA-3146 Added logging for notification failures.
- VNLA-2744 Fixed incorrect Q&A status on Questions where all answers have been rejected