Forum Bug Fixes
- Rich Quotes now properly enable by default when enabling the addon. #8691
- Fix embedding comments when the forum's post format setting is set to Rich Editor. #28
- Fixed an issue where drafts would save even though no text had been inputted or changed. #8722
- Reading all posts in a category will not mark the category as read. #8547
- The Pager controls should now be more accessible to users with assistance screen devices (Such as screen readers). #8634
- Profile Extender fields may now be translated. #8566
New Knowledge Base Features
General Appearance Settings
The general appearance settings found at
/knowledge-settings/general-appearance now work properly to set the default description and background image.
New Category Button
A new category button has been added in the side navigation next to the "Organize Categories" button.
New Article Button
A "New Article" button has been added to the Help Center homepage.
Knowledge Base Bug Fixes
This release focused heavily on bug fixes and visual improvements for the Knowledge Base 1.0 release. In additional to the bugs listed below, almost every screen of the site has received attention from our designers and developers in order to improve visual consistency.
- Fixed visual issue where the header search button's text was too dark and misaligned.
Knowledge Category Page
- Fixes a bug where the "No Articles" page had 2 headers.
- Fixed a bug where sharing a deep link in the article scrolled to the wrong part of the page.
- Fixed a bug where published a draft from the revision list could create a new article.
- Dropdowns can now be interacted with on Mobile Devices.
- Fixed a bug preventing the editor page from scrolling on iOS devices.
- Fixed a bug where our Content Security Policy prevented using certain Rich Editor Embeds
- Fixed a bug where location picker breadcrumbs could display the incorrect breadcrumb when a knowledge base was selected.
- Fixed a bug where the Location Picker would not scroll on iOS.
- Fixed a bug where the Location Picker is sized incorrectly on iOS
- Fixed a bug where navigating from 1 category to another could cause the page to display a loader that never ended.
- Fixed a bug where the sidebar navigation could display then incorrect knowledge base when changing articles.
- Fixed a bug where users could not interact with the site while the loading indicator was displayed.
- Fixed a bug preventing certain knowledge base sorting orders from working properly.
- Improved the visual styles of the "Organize Categories" page.
- Fixed a bug where the "Organize Categories" page did not scroll in certain browsers.
- Fixed dragging of navigation items on iOS.
- Fixed a bug where text would collapse while dragging an item.
- Fixed the padding of navigation items in Firefox.
- Fixed the colours and styling of the network error message when displayed.
- Fixed moving articles between categories resulting in the incorrect order.
- Fixed renaming the first category moving that category to the bottom of the list
- It is not longer possible to create a knowledge base without specifying a view type.
- Fixed a bug where POST & PATCH /articles endpoint return would not return proper validation errors.
- Knowledge Base now works on Hub Node sites.
- Fixed scrolling in the Mobile MeBox on iOS devices.
- Full build output will not be streamed to your console while running
composer install. #8698.
- Dependency Injection now works for ThemeHooks classes. #8698
Thanks You Contributors!
This release saw the contributions to our core repo from long time contributor @R-J and first time contributor @vintprox. Your contributions are appreciated!