This release was first deployed to Vanilla cloud on March 24th, 2020.
Planned Release Schedule:
- Production Sites - Mar 30th 2020.
- Enterprise Client Sites - April 6th 2020.
Custom Theme Builder (Beta)
Vanilla's Developers have been hard at work, building us a new way of Theming in Vanilla. We examined our current system and set out to make a new and improved tool-set with the following goals:
- Ease-of-use for non-technical users.
- More built-in options.
- Greater consistency across components & modules.
- Easy to build on and create new widgets.
The Theme Builder is planned for release with 2020.007, but in the meantime, it is available for preview through your CSM or Account Executive, please contact them for more info.
What Can it Do?
Headers & Footers
- A custom HTML header can be added above the titlebar.
- A custom HTML footer can be added to the bottom of the page.
- Custom CSS can be applied to the header and footer. Using some advanced web technologies, your custom CSS is isolated from the rest of the page. This means Vanilla's CSS will never conflict with the style of your header, and that your CSS will never conflict with the style of Vanilla.
Global Styles such as light/dark presets, background, text, and brand colors, and various button styles may be edited.
Banner options such as background, text, alignment, and search bar styles may all be customized.
TitleBar styles such as full bleed, background, border style, logos, and alignment may all be customized.
What can't it do?
Our objective is to provide an easy visual editor for commonly used theming options. Not all theming options are reflected in the UI, particularly if they are complex to configure. For more flexibility, Vanilla's Professional Services Team is available for custom themes.
Compatibility with Existing Themes
The Theme Builder works with any existing theme for customizing knowledge base. Simply "Copy" your theme in theme chooser and start editing.
For theme options to reflect on the community, the theme must be based off of the upcoming Foundation Theme. This new theme will ship in the 2020.007 release. At that point in time, the Theme Builder will come out of beta, and become generally available.
API Documentation Embed
In this release Knowledge Base gains a new Rich Embed. API documentation. After enabling the OpenAPI embed plugin (contact your CSM for assistance if you can't find it), use the new OpenAPI embed menu to add your embed.
Viewing the Documentation
After saving your spec, you can view it within the contents of an article.