- To staging sites, the week of October 31st
- To production sites, the week of November 6th
- To Enterprise client sites, the week of November 20th
Copy Custom Dashboards
In release 2023.022, you can now custom copy custom dashboards as well as out of the box dashboards to make it even easier to create multiple custom dashboards.
You can now copy individual charts - making it even easier to create multiple similar charts that you've added specific filters or elements to!
Simply click the three dots and click Duplicate Chart to have a copy of it at the bottom of the same dashboard.
Updates to Widget Filters
We've made filtering widgets by category even easier with this release:
For category widgets, if you'd like to filter the list by specific categories, simply select featured and select the categories you'd like to feature in that specific widget UI - no need to go back and forth to the categories page to select categories.
Got a long list of categories? You can begin to type the category name for a shortened list:
It's important to note that this will no longer pull in categories set to featured in the category settings.
New Default Features
We are excited to announce that several features have now been integrated into our core product. This update ensures easier access without the need to contact support or enable additional add-ons. These features are now readily available on all sites by defaul
Federated Search and Custom Search Connectors: These features are now enabled by default, removing the requirement to reach out to support for activation. Access them directly from the dashboard.
Q&A Follow-Up: Simply enable the Q&A Follow-Up feature in your Q&A options without the need to contact support. It's now readily available for use. (Read more)
New API Endpoints
In this release, we added new API endpoints for existing features:
- Dismiss Announcements
- Change Author
Ability to Allow Third-Party Script Execution
To enhance the flexibility and security of our customers' sites when incorporating third-party content, we have introduced an option to conditionally include the 'strict-dynamic' directive in the site's Content Security Policy (CSP). This will allow you to effortlessly manage scripts and their dependencies, especially in scenarios where enumerating all potential domains is not viable. The 'strict-dynamic' directive will allow scripts approved by the policy to dynamically load other scripts, creating a more secure and manageable chain of trust.
It's important to understand that enabling this feature will modify your Content Security Policy to trust additional scripts injected as dependencies by your custom scripts. This is not necessary on most sites except those that are using features like AdSense and Google Tag Manager.
Enabling this feature will add a ‘strict-dynamic’ directive to your CSP offering more flexibility in incorporating third-party content.However, this comes with increased responsibility to ensure the security of your site.
Before activating this feature, please be aware of the following potential implications:
Increased Security Risks: Could introduce vulnerabilities like Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) if initial scripts are compromised.
Browser Compatibility: Possible compatibility problems with older browsers, affecting user experience.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- VNLA-5253: Enabled Discussion Site Maps by default
- VNLA-5147: Added tooltips to radio options in layout editor for increased clarity
- VNLA-3629: Fixed Analytics discrepancy between Number of Comments and Answers Added
- VNLA-4196: Fixed issue where Discussions saved as 'draft' cannot be moved
- VNLA-4524: Fixed Layout Banner Widget not inheriting style guide banner
- VNLA-5143: Addressed Account Enumeration vulnerability on Login / Forgot password page
- VNLA-5158: Fixed incorrect SingleLogOut setting in Destination for Oracle (SAML)
- VNLA-5190: Fixed New Post button in category not selecting its own category
- VNLA-5207: Fixed multiple issues in Unsubscribe functionality
- VNLA-5213: Fixed Email Subject Lines containing tracking variables
- VNLA-5218: Fixed tag search error upon refresh for Oracle (Global)
- VNLA-5225: Fixed issue where Home Template custom layout remains checked
- VNLA-5230: Added flag for applying Subcommunity custom layouts
- VNLA-5231: Fixed Custom layouts not being pre-applied
- VNLA-5235: Fixed inconsistent "Unable to re-assign default template" message
- VNLA-5236: Fixed Categories Widget container default display type issue
- VNLA-5239: Fixed Categories Widget Meta Options being available by default
- VNLA-5244: Fixed missing Idea Voters when discussions are converted to ideas
- VNLA-5255: Fixed role removal not removing associated rank for Oracle (Global)
- VNLA-5257: Adjusted Categories widget
- VNLA-5259: Fixed title bar duplication on new event post page for Reckon
- VNLA-5262: Fixed Existing widget titles not reflected in new Title Type settings
- VNLA-5265: Fixed profile picture and avatar change issues
- VNLA-5267: Fixed issue with adding an image to signature and uploading new avatar