Higher Logic Vanilla (Vanilla) supports several post types.
📝 NOTE: All communities have Discussions and Comments by default, but others can be enabled (these vary by plan level). Check with your CSM to understand what types are available to you.
In this article, we'll focus on Polls, which allow users to poll the community for their opinion on the posed question. In addition to choosing an option, users can also leave comments to expand the conversation.
- Access the Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Addons > Addons.
- Click the Polls toggle to enable it.
The New Poll option is now available in the New Post dropdown (refer to the image below).
From the Recent Discussions or All Categories pages, select New Poll from the New Post dropdown.
Up first, fill out some basic Poll details:
- If you began the creation process outside a Category, you'll need to select a Category in which to organize the Poll. Otherwise, the Category you were in will automatically be selected.
- Provide the Poll question.
- If you want to give additional information that may prove useful to those taking the poll, you can provide an optional description.
- Decide whether to make this a public or anonymous Poll with the Make this poll anonymous... checkbox.
⭐️ EXAMPLE: Public Polls show the participant's avatars below each results bar, along with a mention of what each user voted for in their comments.
Next, it's time to provide the options participants will be able to choose from while taking the Poll. Each time you fill out a field, a new field will automatically appear for additional options.
📝 NOTE: A Poll can have a maximum of 10 options.
When you're finished, click Save Poll to create it.
🛑 IMPORTANT: You cannot edit a Poll's options once it's created, so spend a moment thinking about and reviewing your options before saving. You can, however, edit a Poll's question and optional description.
How can I get a full list of everyone that voted? I can only see the first few in the image
This is not currently part of the UX, but you can do this with the Polls endpoint in APIv2.