Your Higher Logic Vanilla (Vanilla) community has additional event logging for auditing purposes.
📝 NOTE: Event logging is available only with our Corporate, Enterprise, and Enterprise Plus plans and is not enabled by default.
Event Logs page
The event activity described in this article is available on the Event Logs page in the Dashboard (Settings > Technical > Event Log).
The list of events can be filtered by date range, event name, and severity, and sorted chronologically.
- Click Filter to apply your filter to the list.
- Click Reset to restore the original, full list of events.
Authentication & Permissions
- signin_failure - a failure to authenticate a user during sign-in.
- password_reset_request - a user has requested a password reset.
- password_reset_failure - the password reset request failed to send or the password reset form does not pass validation.
- password_reset - password has been changed in response to a reset request.
- password_change - user password has been successfully changed.
- password_change_failure - user failed to change their password.
- session_start - user authenticated.
- session_end - user signed-out.
- security_denied - user denied access because they lack the relevant permission(s).
- csrf_failure - user attempted a request that may have been triggered by a CSRF attack.
- theme_changed - a new site theme has been set.
- addon_enabled - an addon has been enabled.
- addon_disabled - an addon has been disabled.
- role_add - a user has been granted a new role.
- role_remove - a role has been revoked from a user.
- security_access - a user has accessed a path open only to admins or moderators.
- security_denied - a user was denied access to a path.
Requests and Responses
- http_request - an HTTP request has been sent from the application.
- http_response - an HTTP response has been received from a request made by the application.
- http_response_error - an error was encountered in response to an HTTP request sent from the application.
Some messages may convey no useful information to an end user, and are sent to aid in software development and troubleshooting. These events can generally be ignored.
- analytics_menu - generated by the Advanced Analytics addon.
- jsconnect_success - jsconnect data passed validation.
- jsconnect_error - a failure to authenticate a jsconnect request (for a variety of possible reasons).
- sso_logging - information about OAuth2 SSO events
- jwt_logging - JSON Web Token events.
- saml_authrequest_sent - the SAML request sent to IDP.
- saml_response_received - the SAML response from IDP.
- saml_response_invalid - information about errors in the SAML response.
- saml_profile - the user information extracted from the SAML response.
- Emergency - system is unusable.
- Alert - action must be taken immediately.
- Error - errors not requiring immediate attention.
- Warning - exceptional occurrences not otherwise defined as errors.
- Notice - normal but significant condition.
- Informational - interesting events.
- Debug - debug-level messages.
JSON and XML
You can generate JSON and XML versions of the Event Logs page.
- Scroll to the shaded section at the bottom of the page, as shown below.
- Click one of the options to open the report (or right-click to open in a new window or tab).