The Author Selector addon allows admins and moderators to change the author of a:
- or idea.
Before we begin...
Before admins and moderators can change the author for a piece of content, two prerequisites are required:
- The Author Selector addon must be enabled
- These users must have the appropriate permission enabled for their Role(s)
Enable the Author Selector addon
📝 NOTE: Author Selector is available at all plan levels.
- Access the Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Addons > Addons.
- Locate the Author Selector addon and enable it.
Enable the Role permission
Even with the addon enabled, admins and moderators require the Default Category Permissions > Discussions > Edit permission before they can change an author.
✔️ TIP: This can also be controlled on a per-category basis by enabling the this category has custom permissions option for a Category.
Check out the following article to learn more about Roles & Permissions, and how to access and manage them.
Change an author
📝 NOTE: At this time, you can only change the author for discussions, questions, polls, and ideas; you cannot change the author for comments/answers.
With the addon and appropriate permission enabled, changing an author is simple:
1. From either the discussion list view or a discussion itself, click the (...) menu and select Change Author.
2. On the resulting page, begin typing the name of the author you want to switch the content to; as you type, applicable user names will display.
3. Click to select the desired user, and click the Change Author button to finalize the change.