With this addon, you can assign a custom badge to a particular discussion. Each user that comments on that discussion can automatically receive the badge.
How to use Badgify Comments
Once the Addon is enabled, users with the Badge-> Give permission can select the gear icon at the top right of the post to toggle the drop-down menu. Select "Add A Badge" to open up the badge options:
- Add a unique Name for the badge
- Keep the slug as is, to ensure it is appropriately added to user accounts
- Fill in the Description
- You can toggle the amount of points this badge awards to users, the default is 2 points
- Keep the Badge Class and Badge Class Level as Commenter and 1 to ensure the badge is given automatically
- You can add a custom image to this badge for extra fun! (be sure the image is either a square or circle, however)
- And finally, click Save
When a user comments on the discussion, they will receive the new badge!
If your Admins are looking to review whether or not a user should receive the badge for commenting on the discussion, you can enable the Award Manually toggle and this will send a Badge Request on behalf of the user along with their comment for an Admin to review. You will find this request under Moderation > Badge Requests in your Vanilla Dashboard.
Note: You cannot assign an existing badge to a discussion. Only badges created within the discussion will be linked.