Pre-Moderated Category is an addon for your Higher Logic Vanilla (Vanilla) community that allows Admins to flag specific Categories as Pre-Moderated Categories.
- In this type of Category, all new discussions and/or comments are automatically blocked and sent to the Moderation Queue. Check out this article to learn more about the Moderation Queue.
- An Admin or Moderator can then decide whether to approve the content or delete it.
Enable the addon
The Pre-Moderated Category addon can only be enabled by Vanilla staff; if you need it enabled, contact Vanilla Support.
This option is often used when an organization believes a Category's content may be particularly sensitive, or should otherwise be subject to review before it's available to the community.
Define your Pre-Moderated Categories
1. Access the Dashboard.
2. Navigate to Settings > Addons > Addons.
3. Locate the Pre-Moderated Category addon, and click the settings icon.
4. First decide what content to automatically moderate: discussions and/or comments. This choice applies to all of your Pre-Moderated Categories.
5. In the area below, all of your Vanilla community's Categories are listed. Check the boxes for the Categories you want to flag as Pre-Moderated Categories.
When users post in these Categories, they'll be notified that their content will need to be approved.
📝 NOTE: With comments, a notification popup displays briefly at the bottom of the page.
Manage your Moderation Queue
- Access the Dashboard.
- Navigate to Moderation > Content > Moderation Queue.
Check out this article to learn more about the Moderation Queue.