In any online community, the possibility exists that someone will post a discussion, question, or comment that may go against your community's Code of Conduct or simply be inappropriate in some way. Because of this, Higher Logic Vanilla (Vanilla) provides numerous ways to prevent such content from being seen by your users.
In this article, you'll learn how to access and manage your community's Moderation Queue, as well as the various ways in which community posts can end up there.
Access the Moderation Queue
- Access the Dashboard.
- Navigate to Moderation > Content > Moderation Queue.
How does content end up in the Queue?
There are numerous ways content can be sent to the Queue. In most cases, you'll set up pre-moderation processes that will handle this automatically, but it is possible for users, Admins, and Moderators to manually flag content.
- Pre-moderated Categories: In this type of Category, all new posts and/or comments are automatically sent to the Moderation Queue for review before they're posted publicly. Learn more.
- Pre-moderated Roles: You can also moderate individual Roles by editing the Role and enabling the
Approval > Require permission. All content posted by users assigned to this Role will be automatically sent to the Queue. Learn more.
- Keyword Blocker: The Keyword Blocker addon allows you to define a list of forbidden words that, when used, will block the content (discussion, comment, poll, etc.) from being posted. Instead, the content will be sent to the Moderation Queue. Learn more.
- Abuse reaction: Reactions are one-click responses to posts and comments. Five or more Abuse reactions from users will add the content to the Moderation Queue; one Abuse reaction from an Admin will do the same. Learn more.
If content ends up in the Queue, you can manage it in the following ways:
- A - With one or more items selected via their checkboxes, click Approve and confirm the popup to put the content back in your community. The content will be removed from the Queue.
- B - With one or more items selected via their checkboxes, click Delete Forever and confirm the popup to permanently delete the content from your community and the Queue.
- C - All of your community's Categories are listed in this dropdown. Select one and click Filter to filter the Queue to only content in that Category.
- D - If multiple pages of content exist, click these page-selector buttons to navigate among them.