By default, dates and times will default to the logged in user's timezone as set on their computer.
How can I set the default timezone?
This can be set by your CSM or Vanilla support, simply select timezone from this php timezone support list: http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php and email your CSM or support with your request.
How can I customize the timestamps in Vanilla?
Your CSM can do this for you.
There are 4 different strings that can come up with respect to timestamps:
- Same Day appears as [Hour] [Minute] [AM/PM] (e.g,, 12:01 PM)
- Different day, but same year appears [Month] [Day of the Month] (e.g., January 1)
- Different calendar year [Month] [Year] (e.g., January 2016)
- Hover State [Month] [Day of the Month], [Year] [Hour][Minute] [AM/PM] (e.g. January 1, 2016 12:01PM)
We can tweak this for you, change the order, add text or other strings such as:
- Day of the week
- Change from AM/PM to 24 hour clock
- Change the month to abbreviated version (such as Dec instead of 12)
Note: that additional customizations other than what's described above, or supporting multi lingual customized timezones may require chargeable custom work. Ask your CSM for additional information.