Creating User Accounts
In the Moderation Section of your Dashboard, you have a stack of tools to help you moderate your forum users and content. To create accounts for your team members, developers and stakeholder, go to the User page of your Dashboard. Here you can add any user that needs access.
To add a user:
- Click "Add User" in the top right-hand corner
- Give your user a username*
- Enter their email address
- Choose the appropriate role for this account
- Click "Generate a Password" and click "Save"**
* With Basic Vanilla registration, users cannot create usernames with spaces or periods. When SSO is configured, you are able to override that limitation. This is also true when you create users in the Dashboard as an Admin - you are able to create usernames with spaces and periods.
**This password will only be relevant when signing in directly to Vanilla (i.e.., not over SSO aka Single Sign On). If SSO is enabled, you can use this password by going through the 'backdoor' - contact support or your CSM for more info about this.
The user will then receive an email from the community with their login credentials, so long as emails are enabled for the site, and their role has the
'view' 'email' permission enabled.
* Be aware that usernames with spaces and periods are not ideal for our filter-as-you-type features such as @mentions
Main article on roles and permissions: