Auto-Role by Email is a Vanilla addon that allows new users to be added to specific roles based on their email domain (in addition to default role). To have this plugin enabled, simply request from your CSM.
- Your forum must require users to confirm their email addresses (see settings/registration and toggle this option at the top)
- Users must confirm their email addresses to be placed in the appropriate role. Those who do not will remain in the unconfirmed role.
- This feature is not retroactive, it will only apply to new users as they join the forum (and confirm their emails).
- Navigate to your Dashboard, Settings, then Roles & Permissions
- Create (or edit) the role you’d like to silo all users from a particular domain into
You’ll notice an additional field now that this addon has been enabled:
Enter the appropriate domain name that we’ll use to identify users who should receive this role.
That it! As users with this domain join the forum, they will automatically be given this role in addition to the default member role.