Vanilla's SSO to Zendesk addon lets you sign in to a Zendesk support site from Vanilla. This is a good way to allow your customers to get community support in Vanilla while also seeing a list of private support tickets in Zendesk. In order to use this addon you'll need to configure both Zendesk and Vanilla, as well as add a link in your Vanilla theme.
You'll first want to configure JWT authentication in Zendesk. Most of the information you are going to find is in Zendesk's Enabling JWT (JSON Web Token) single sign-on article. You'll need to fill in some information about your Vanilla site here:
- Remote Login URL: Enter
- Remote Logout URL: Enter
That should be all you need to configure. Just make sure you remember the following:
- Take a copy of the secret that is generated in Zendesk. If you don't you can't get it back and will have to generate another one.
- You need to enable JWT SSO in Zendesk for team members and/or end users. The process is in the article.
In order to configure Vanilla you'll need to do the following:
- Enable the SSO To Zendesk addon in your dashboard.
- Fill out the settings in the addon's settings page.
- Once the addon is enabled and configured the functionality is enabled. You may want to add a link to Zendesk in your menu or quick links. To do this you want to use the URL:
https://yourvanillasite.com/entry/sso-to-zendesk . That URL kicks off the SSO.