Higher Logic Vanilla (Vanilla) includes an SSO to Zendesk addon that enables users to sign in to a Zendesk support site from your Vanilla community.
- This is a great way to let users receive community support in Vanilla while also seeing a list of private support tickets in Zendesk.
- To use this addon, you'll need to configure Vanilla and Zendesk, and add a link in your Vanilla theme.
First, you need to configure JSON web token (JWT) authentication in Zendesk. Most of the information you are going to find is in the JSON Web Token SSO article. You'll need to fill in some information about your Vanilla site here:
- Remote Login URL: Enter
- Remote Logout URL: Enter
In addition, make sure to:
- Keep a copy of the secret that's generated in Zendesk. If you don't, you can't get it back and will have to generate another one.
- Enable JWT SSO in Zendesk for team members and/or end users. The process is in the article.
Complete the following steps to configure Vanilla:
- Enable the SSO To Zendesk addon in your Dashboard, on the Settings > Addons > Addons page.
- On the same page, click the addon's settings icon to access and configure its settings.
- Once the addon is enabled and configured, the functionality is enabled. You may want to add a link to Zendesk in your menu or quick links. To do this, use the following URL to kick off the SSO: