If you find yourself reporting a network issue to Vanilla Support (for example, repeated "Page not Found" issues), you can increase your chances of having your problem resolved quickly by providing a network trace.
- A network trace is a record of all the hops and requests your browser made leading up to where you received an error. You can do this by generating an HAR file.
HAR stands for HTTP Archive format. It is a JSON-formatted text file for the logging of a web browser's interaction with a site. Most modern browsers can generate one.
Here's how to generate and download an HAR file using Chrome:
- Right click the page and select Inspect from the popup menu.
- A console window will open attached to your browser window. Click the Network tab.
- Check the Preserve Log and Disable Cache boxes.
- Navigate through the various steps leading up to where you are receiving the error.
- When you get to the point that fails, click the down arrow icon highlighted below to download the activity as a HAR file.