Many organizations want to identify a user's position in the community. Higher Logic Vanilla (Vanilla) allows you to add visual "flair" to the content that users post to indicate their Role and/or Rank in your community.
This is achieved via their associated addons:
This article focuses on the Role Titles addon, but you can check out the article below to learn more about Ranks.
The Role Titles addon allows your community to display all users' Roles on any content they add in the community. If the author has multiple roles assigned, all Roles display, unless the Role is set to "Private." Additionally, when toggled on, this addon provides Role-specific CSS classes to their comments for theming.
Making your Administrators and Moderators, specifically, easily identifiable is important for a few reasons:
- It reminds your users that there are real people at the heart of their community
- It identifies who the experts are to your users
- It gives your community some personality
Enable the Role Titles addon
- Access the Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > Addons > Addons.
- Click the Role Titles toggle to slide it to the right.
No further configuration is required; a user's Role will display next to their name on all content they post.