Are there users in your Higher Logic Vanilla (Vanilla) community whose content you're not interested in viewing? If so, you can use the Ignore feature to bury comments from users you add to your Ignore List.
📝 NOTE: Only an ignored user's comments are hidden; you will still see discussion threads they post. This is intentional so there's no risk of missing valuable content from non-ignored users who post to the discussion.
🛑 IMPORTANT: The Ignore addon has to be enabled by Vanilla Support (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you disable the addon after it's enabled, you'll have to request that Vanilla Support re-enable.
Ignore/unignore a user
There are two ways to ignore (and unignore) someone:
- From their profile
- From your Ignore List
Ignore from user profile
- Navigate to the user's profile.
- Click the actions dropdown and select Ignore.
- Confirm the action in the popup.
📝 NOTE: To unignore a user from their profile, simply repeat the steps above; the only difference is the dropdown option is labeled Unignore.
Ignore from your Ignore List
1. Click the MeBox, followed by your profile picture.
2. On the resulting page, select Edit Profile from the dropdown.
3. On the right side of the page, click Ignore List.
4. From here, you can add and remove users from your Ignore List:
- To add someone to your Ignore List, type the user's full name in the text field and click OK. You must type their name exactly as it appears. For example, to ignore Victorine as we did below, we had to type "Victorine Courtois."
- To remove someone from your Ignore List, click the Unignore button next to their name.
View ignored content
By default, all comments from ignored users are buried in a discussion.
- As you see below, you can still see the user's name but their comment text is hidden.
- If desired, you can click the comment to view it.
You cannot send messages to users who are ignoring you. When attempting to do so, you'll receive the message shown below.
✔️ TIP: This text can be customized to reflect your brand. To do so, contact Vanilla Support.
- By default, you can only ignore a maximum of five users at any given time, but Vanilla Support can increase this up to 5000.
- By default, users can ignore Moderators but not Admins. If you don't want Moderators able to be ignored, contact Vanilla Support.