📝 NOTE: It is assumed you know how to create custom Dashboards and Charts, and have an understanding of chart Types, Presets, and Metrics. If not, read this article before proceeding.
When building your own Dashboard Charts, you can pull data from various data sources to view different types of analytics events.
- In this article, we're going to focus on the Badge data source, which tracks when users receive Badges across your Higher Logic Vanilla (Vanilla) community.
An event is logged in Analytics for each badge received, and for each event you can see:
Filter Chart data
Controlling what data is shown in a Chart is accomplished via the Group By and Filter options.
- The Group By options (available for pie graphs, line graphs, bar graphs, and tables) enable you to view data by Badge class/name/ID and user name/ID.
- You can add Filters to your query to drill into or exclude specific types of Badges or users.
✔️ TIP: You can add one or multiple Group By and Filter options to dissect the data how you see fit. Generally speaking, you'll select Group By options to view a specific slice of data, and, if needed, use Filters to dig deeper.
Let's learn about each of the available Group By and Filter options:
You can group and/or filter Badge data based on the following event parameters:
📝 NOTE: If Badge Class is listed as "Other" in your Analytics Charts, this means some of your badges have not been configured to use a Class.
You can group and/or filter user data based on the following event parameters:
- User Name: The name of the user.
- User ID: The ID of the user.