📝 NOTE: It is assumed you know how to create custom Dashboards and Charts, and have an understanding of chart Types, Presets, and Metrics. If not, read this article before proceeding.
When building your own Dashboard Charts, you can pull data from various data sources to view different types of analytics events.
- In this article, we're going to focus on the Registrations data source, which tracks how many new users join your Higher Logic Vanilla (Vanilla) community.
An event is logged in Analytics for each registration logged, and for each event you can see:
- Information about the registration:
- Country Code
- URL Path
- Information about the user who registered:
- Group data by Country to see where membership registrations originated
- Group data by URL or URL Path to see where users are registering (e.g., from which page in your community). If you're using subcommunities, URL Path can tell you which subcommunities users are joining from.
Filter Chart data
Controlling what data is shown in a Chart is accomplished via the Group By and Filter options. Each of the available options is listed in the Overview section above, and each can be used as a grouping option and filter.
- The Group By options (available for pie graphs, line graphs, bar graphs, and tables) enable you to view specific registration data.
- You can add Filters to your query to drill into or exclude specific registrations.
✔️ TIP: You can add one or multiple Group By and Filter options to dissect the data how you see fit. Generally speaking, you'll select Group By options to view a specific slice of data, and, if needed, use Filters to dig deeper.
Let's learn about each of the available Group By and Filter options:
You can group and/or filter Registration data based on the following event parameters:
- Country: The country of the new registrant.
- Country Code: The country code of the new registrant (e.g., CA for Canada, US for United States).
- Type: Indicates whether the registration was successful or not.
- URL: The URL used to register (e.g.,
- URL Path: The URL path of the page used to register (e.g.,
You can group and/or filter user data based on the following event parameter:
- User Registered: View the name of the registered user.