This widget allows you to add a user-spotlight to your community pages, which you can use to:
- introduce your community team members
- Introduce partners / special guests for upcoming webinars or AMAs
- recognize thought leaders and super users
- Recognize members who are contributing to your community in a special way (answering the most questions, providing great ideas, helping newbies etc)
The widget includes a Title and a Description, so you can customize how you use it and what information you share. The Username will be clickable and display the User Card (if enabled on your site).
Setting up the User Spotlight Widget:
Navigate to the pockets page on your dashboard and select “Add Pocket”.
- Click the “Add Pocket” button.
- Add a Name to your pocket so you can remember what this pocket is for.
- Select “User Spotlight” as the pocket Type.
- Set the Title and Description, and select the user you want to spotlight from the dropdown:
Next you will have to set the Placement & Conditions of the pocket, see more on working with pockets.
Tip: make sure that you try out various locations on your staging site to decide which looks best before setting it up on your production site.
Theming User Spotlight Widget:
The User Spotlight Widget inherits the Global Styles from the Theme Editor. There is currently no way to affect them separately.
- The colour of the background will be inherited from the Global Styles Background setting
- The colour of the Title, Description, and Username will be inherited from the Global Styles Text settings.