The Tabs widget is a great way to enhance a Discussion List widget by expanding it into a three-tab experience. The "tabbed" feature means that your Higher Logic Vanilla (Vanilla) community users can more easily access more community content.
Setting up the Tabs widget
To use this widget in your site, you must add it via a Pocket.
To add and configure a Pocket:
1. Navigate to Dashboard > Settings > Pockets.
2. Click the Add Pocket button.
3. Specify a Name (e.g., Tabbed Discussion List) for your pocket.
4. Select Tabs Widget as the Type.
📝 NOTE: The Content section displays three content types and tab labels. (The defaults are Recent Discussions, Trending Discussions, and Announced Discussions.)
You can manage the content types, tab labels, and display options.
5. Hover on a tab row to display the Edit and Hide options.
- Click Hide to hide the tab.
- Click Edit to choose a content type (discussion, question, idea) and/or specify a tab label.
- Click Apply.
6. Choose the number of entries to display in each tabbed list.
7. Click Save.
8. Click the Placement & Conditions tab to set those options as described in working with pockets.
Content Types - Discussion List options
You can choose from the following types of content to populate your tabbed lists.
Newest Ideas - the ideas that were most recently added
Trending Ideas - the ideas that have received the most votes and comments in the past week
Newest Questions - the questions that were most recently added
Unanswered Questions - the questions that were most recently added but which have not yet been answered
Recently Answered Questions - the questions that were most recently answered
Trending Discussions - the discussions that have received the most comments and positive reactions this week
Top Discussions - the discussions that have received the most positive reactions this month
Announced Discussions - all globally announced discussions
Got a content type suggestion?
This widget is limited to the list of content types noted above.
If you have a suggestion for other content types, submit it in our Product Ideas category.
It's not possible to filter for the above options with the API; this has to be filtered after pulling all discussions.