Seeking ideas for a catchy day-of-the-week outreach program

jaymebeck
jaymebeck Vanilla Sprout
edited June 2023 in Talk Community #1

Still in the early stages of building our community and ramping up content, I'm looking for a creative way to reach out to clients, bringing them back to the community on a regular basis. Along the lines of Meatless Mondays or Taco Tuesdays, but not food-themed 🤣. Trivia Tuesdays (gamification)? Tipsy Tuesdays (for product tips and tricks)? Has anyone here tried something like this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Adrian
    Adrian HLV Staff Alumni

I have some thoughts, but I was hoping others would jump in. I will add this to the community corner section of the newsletter to see if anyone has suggestions.

Sorry to ping you too @Kara but you have been so creative with naming things 😂

• Adrian
    Adrian HLV Staff Alumni

See @Kara I knew I asked the right person 😂

• skmetz
    skmetz Vanilla Sprout

@Kara these are great ideas you do in your community, especially the idea of introducing new badges regularly, and your "Caramels for Comments" badge.

Our newer community is for our customers and partners, so closed to the general public. We started monthly "Tea & Topic" roundtable sessions (zoom meetings with 2 moderators). While not weekly, I'm hoping these will strengthen member's relationship with the community and want to come back for more information and make more connections.

We also offer regular product "Tips & Tricks," re-share content we find interesting (online blogs, white papers), and have started a monthly newsletter. The Tips & Tricks get some good comments, and we've even had some members post their own. Our newsletter also is getting better open rates and click-throughs than our other general marketing emails, bringing in higher traffic around the send date.

• Adrian
    Adrian HLV Staff Alumni

"Our newsletter also is getting better open rates and click-throughs than our other general marketing emails, bringing in higher traffic around the send date."

-Nice work @skmetz 😎

• Kara
    Kara Vanilla Ice Cream

@skmetz Our community newsletter is getting the same results! 💪

• Adrian
    Adrian HLV Staff Alumni

@Kara that's so great - woohoo 🤩

• jaymebeck
    jaymebeck Vanilla Sprout

@Kara these are amazing! Thank you for taking the time to respond and share. I'll be sure to come back here to share what we do and how it works with our Community. Thanks again!

• kmonteiro
    kmonteiro Vanilla Sprout

@jaymebeck

We do Member Mondays - shoutouts to new members, exciting updates (promotions, etc)

News of the Week - Wednesdays I share industry news/articles

On Fridays I post something in our "coffee break" category which is fun content. Threads range from favorite accounting memes, favorite hobbies, to pet pics

• jaymebeck
    jaymebeck Vanilla Sprout

I really like these ideas @kmonteiro. I'll be sure to let you know what we implement and how it goes. Thanks again!