What do you include in your engagement strategy plan?

Heather Wendt
Heather Wendt HLV Staff
edited September 24 in Talk Community #1

"Hope is not a strategy" - Rick Page

This quote is often on my mind when it comes to community. If you have been community managing for any length of time, you know that engagement doesn't just happen because you have a community platform set up (yes, even with that AMAZING layout you have created!)

Instead, you have to understand a lot about the 'why' for your community - both for your organization and your audience. This is where a strategy comes in. What behaviors to you want to see, and how can you encourage them most effectively?

What are the 'must have' parts in your engagement strategy (even if it is just housed in your brain right now)?

Comments

• Tmetcalf
    Tmetcalf Vanilla Seedling

I agree that encouraging the right behavior and setting expectations drives engagement.
    For example, when I see a post has a few replies and possible answers, I post within the discussion and at-mention the OP: "it appears a few answers have been supplied, would you please mark one of them correct? Doing so makes it easy for all Community members to find the solution."
    Not only are you engaging the OP, but contributors are recognized and solutions become easier to find.
    Cheers,
    Toby

• Love the inclusion of community education in your strategy! It is important that we help set up our audience for success through clear expectations and repetitive modeling.