Limiting private messaging - workarounds? Talking points?
Has anyone limited the ability to use private messaging to certain groups?
As we try to get our clients to all allow their employees on our community, this is one of the legal concerns we run into — clients are concerned that we can't monitor 1:1 private messages on Vanilla.
When I tested this a few months ago, it appeared that even though I could grant people the ability to private message based on their rank, we ran into 2 issues:
- This would be very manual to maintain
- Even if XYZ user did not have the ability to private message others, someone could still send a private message member XYZ
Has anyone run into this issue? Any suggestions (workarounds, talking points, or otherwise)?
- All Categories
- 21 Getting Started
- HL Vanilla Connect
- Onboarding Videos
- Search the Community
- 211 Community Hub
- 181 Talk Community
- 30 Community Announcements & News
- What do you want to to do?
- Create an Account
- I'm new here
- Talk Higher Logic Vanilla
- Talk Community
- Check out the latest release
- Submit a product idea
- Get help
- View Events