Zoom meeting recordings no longer valid

shorowitz
shorowitz Vanilla Seedling
edited January 2023 in Talk Community #1

Hey there, we recently had a staff member who was big in the community leave. With their departure, all the zoom links that were housed on Zoom's cloud are gone - note to self, download your meetings to the computer!

At any rate, there are 100s of posts that will either need to be edited or deleted. I'm curious if anyone has done a call to action to seek info from these attendees present at recorded sessions to provide some kind of info, rather than just eliminating the entire post.

Tagged:

Comments

• @shorowitz - Thank you for telling us about this. It never occurred to me to download my recordings!

I look forward to hearing from other members about this.

Out of curiosity, what are you planning to do, if others do not respond?

• shorowitz
    shorowitz Vanilla Seedling

@PiperWilson - I'm working on deleting the verbiage and broken links referencing these recordings.

This brings up another topic though - Do any of you CM's test links within the community that may/may not work? What do you do about that? Do you delete links that no longer work, specifically like the above with meetings that no longer have recordings, etc.?

• @shorowitz - Wow! That's quite the task. I admire your dedication! Slow and steady wins the race!

Do any of you CM's test links within the community that may/may not work? 

In my experience, it depends on who "owns" the link.

If the community provides the link, then the end responsibility rests with the community to fix or delete the link. That said, it would be close to impossible to actively and regularly audit all links that have been posted over time, so it is reasonable to make changes as you become aware of them.

If a member posts the link, they are responsible for making sure the link is correct. Similar to the above, they probably won't audit their own history, though. Again, you can make changes or ask the member to make edits as you become aware of them.

In short, it's okay to update things as you become aware of them and be at peace with the fact that you may become aware of them gradually.