Community Managers On The Move...?

choyt
choyt Vanilla Seedling

As I was talking to our Vanilla support team today I mentioned that we're at a point now where we're considering hiring a community manager. It started me wondering if there is any type of group established here for just that sort of thing.

In my line of work, we have a private (invitation only) group for leaders of a particular function who are open to a new opportunity or sharing new opportunities in their field with their peers. In that group, my team posts jobs that we know about that we think would be of interest to this cohort of members. Additionally, when a leader hears of a job that they are not interested in but think others might be, they forward it along.

Is there something like that within the Vanilla community already? It would be incredibly helpful to have a resource to tap into when looking to share news about any cm roles connected to this platform or for any displaced cm's that are Vanilla experts to check out, etc.

Comments

• Adrian
    Adrian HLV Staff Alumni
    edited April 2022 #2

Hey @choyt The main place lots of people go to for community jobs is this - and to seek out talent ect:

We don't really want to host a job board/function officially. Unofficially I have helped people looking to move.

• choyt
    choyt Vanilla Seedling

Thanks, @Adrian - totally understand. Was thinking of more a group for sharing and discussing than just a board but it completely makes sense that you wouldn't want to recreate something or build out something else to manage if it's taken care of elsewhere.

Thanks for the link, sir.

• Adrian
    Adrian HLV Staff Alumni

We have the community manager category to talk career. I am just a bit apprehensive on a closed customer community to allow poaching of CMs. To be honest, though, the market is very hot - so lots of jobs out there.

• choyt
    choyt Vanilla Seedling

Thanks.

That resource isn't one I have the patience to sift through, unfortunately. It seems to be incredibly disjointed and leads to multiple registration paths and seemingly different platforms that also include a Slack channel. In 20 minutes I've gone through the Meetsy reg as well as the mentor reg form and both fall flat and aren't delivering a really great experience or any real content - which is kind of ironic. 😕

On the upside, the job board listings seem to work and be relatively current with the last one posted on 4/8.

We'll keep sniffing around but I'm hopeful others have some additional recommendations.