Hi everyone 👋
I´d like to start a conversation and idea-sharing around content planning and which tools you are using to schedule your content.
Soooo - what tools are you using?
What's the good, the bad and the ugly you noticed? What is important to know or have?
Thanks and looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
@Alison_Smartsheet Have any thoughts on this?1
[Deleted User] Vanilla Bean
Great post! I have managed content calendars a few different ways. When I was managing our content, I had a brainstorming/informal content calendar that I use with each cross-functional team I support.
I make sure to include info about the persona, resources relevant to the community, a tone guide, and a cross functional campaign and initiative calendar. I was toying with adding a zap from the content squares to the current asana calendar.
Once these are done. They flow into an ASANA project. I built it based on some templates in Asana.
I toyed around with Airtable, but my company uses asana so decided to keep it there.3
Thanks for the insights @Amanda Petersen !
I finally managed to create a MURAL account and *cough* is the above available as a template by any chance?1
[Deleted User] Vanilla Bean
Yeah!! The UX is a little weird, but the template is accessible from the embed. Here is a link to the template directly. It may be easier.
- Hover the mouse over the top of the embed click start from template
- The template should open right up
- Once it has opened up click "create mural from template"
You should be all set. Here's some screenshots!2
Alison_Smartsheet Vanilla Sprout
Hey hey @Esther99 (thanks for the ping @Adrian!),
I live and die by content calendars and have run them in a few different ways. Because I work at Smartsheet, I've had to translate my old ways into the tool and it's been awesome. I used to be on our social media team and I'll show you a VERY simplified way of the content calendar structure and how we shared it out weekly to stakeholders:
1) Create a sheet - you can see how we organized our social posts here (NOTE: blocked out info in pink because why not). Copy and images are included, this view is only for the core social team.
2) Used Smartsheet's Calendar View to connect to the sheet and build out a separate view for stakeholders that informs them but doesn't overwhelm with all the nitty gritty. In this view, they can leave comments if they have questions about upcoming content.
Hope this helps! LMK if you have any questions.
Thanks @Amanda Petersen for the link (I added it to my room✔) and thanks @Alison_Smartsheet ! I´ll share that one with our SoMe Marketing Manager too! I guess she appreciates the input as well.1
- 145 All Categories
- 32 Getting Started
- HL Vanilla Connect
- Onboarding Videos
- 145 Community Hub
- 135 Managing Communities
- 10 Community Announcements & News
- What do you want to to do?
- Create an Account
- I'm new here
- Learn about Higher Logic Vanilla
- Learn about Community
- Check out the latest release
- Submit a product idea
- Get help