Welcome Email Examples

Kara
Kara Vanilla Ice Cream

Hi Community - Would you be willing to share your welcome email templates/examples? I'd like to improve ours and am looking for inspiration!

Also, in what time frame do you send your welcome emails? Immediately upon joining, later in the day, next day?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Adrian
    Adrian HLV Staff Alumni

Hey @Kara I love this question - I think @Amanda Petersen has some good examples!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Vanilla Bean

I used to have access to soooo many. I particularly love Blackbaud's welcome email! Our new one that @linds wrote is sweet. I cc'ed an image of the second or fourth draft below.

Welcome emails are the VERY FIRST thing that members come in contact with. In general, it's the place to set the tone and culture for your community. By reading it, the member should get a great idea of what is in store with for them.

Beyond setting the culture, it also is the place to give your members one (two tops) CTAs to get lost in the shuffle.

Anybody else want to share theirs??? Love to see what everyone is doing! Thanks for the tag @Adrian!

• Adrian
    Adrian HLV Staff Alumni

Thanks for sharing @Amanda Petersen - @Shauna maybe you can tag in some people to share you’ve worked with some good examples.

• Shauna
    Shauna HLV Staff

@LaurenK you have an awesome one, if you are willing to share :)

@BonnieD has a terrific one too!

• Esther99
    Esther99 Vanilla Flower

HI @Kara

I don´t know if this is still relevant, but here´s mine. I tried to keep it short and simple:

The Onboarding Tour links into a Knowledge Base article, that gives some guidance.

Hope that helps you,

Esther

• Kara
    Kara Vanilla Ice Cream

Thanks @Esther99! The more examples the better! We have a very simple one in place right now as well, but seeing what others do gives me ideas for changing it up!