How do you define SSO?
Hello community managers! My company (small SaaS) does not yet have any sort of single sign-on process, meaning none of our systems - both internally and externally facing - are integrated. It's long overdue and something we're venturing into next year.
I've always had/worked with SSO in past jobs and am very familiar with it, but am realizing my current company has a different idea of what SSO means and how it should work. So in an effort to get some different perspectives, I'm wondering...
- How does your company define SSO?
- What is its end goal? (i.e. improving customer experience, less manual labor, accessing more analytics, etc.)
- What teams were involved in its development/maintenance?
- Is your SSO primarily for internal staff, external customers/users, or both?
- Pros/Cons of SSO for your community?
Thanks for your thoughts!