Incorporating Community into In-Person Events
Hello Community Managers - I wanted to ask this during a CommuniTEA Time chat, but have had too many conflicting obligations on Fridays lately! (@Adrian - my schedule opens back up in September!) So...
How do you incorporate your online community into your in-person events/meetings/conferences? We are starting to plan for our large user group "summit" being held in Memphis next April and I'm looking for inspiration!
I'd like to:
- remind attendees that the community is a year round resource for them
- encourage them to register on-the-spot
- encourage posts/discussion before, during and after the event
- recognize/highlight super users
- create visual representations of our most popular badges (as stickers or pins?) for attendees to wear throughout the event
- hold a community scavenger hunt or some sort of other contest on-site with swag giveaways?
I also have two session slots reserved for online community presentations. I was thinking one might be informative/how-to and the other might be to gather some user feedback or hold a mini focus group. What would you do with two session time slots?
Looking forward to your ideas, or hearing what has/hasn't worked for you in the past!