How do you promote your community on your main website?

Options
saramaloney
saramaloney Vanilla Ice Cream

We're soon going to be adding our community to our main website's navigation. We haven't previously done this because not all of our members have access to our community which is a story for another time!

I'm curious how others:

1. Display community on your main website - Do you do anything cool? Basic? All examples welcome!
  2. Does Vanilla have any way for us to display content from Community on our main website, either through an RSS feed or some other mechanism?

Comments

• SamanthaIsin
    SamanthaIsin Vanilla Ice Cream
    Options

Oooo, super interested in the RSS feed idea.

Right now we have the community tagged in our header for instant access (check it out!) as well as referenced in all our resources. It's also embedded in all our webinar and podcast pages as a CTA. Nothing fancy!

• BrendanP
    BrendanP HLV Staff
    Options

some info here about using the API. RSS should be a way but the problem for you in particular is your community is private. There’s not too many ways to display content that’s not meant to be public.

I like what our friends at Domo do to highlight their various customer engagement and enablement info for Domo Central.

• Kirstie Macfarlane
    Options

Hey Sara!

We've got a whole section on our website homepage that highlights some of the benefits of joining the community:

I also love what Acer has done on their main website! They've included news from their community (in this case the introduction of email digest) into their "Insights and Innovations" section of their website: