Suggestions for Naming Conventions when posting assets/collateral

Options

Hi - does anyone leverage naming conventions when you are posting assets or collateral to a Forum or Resource Center in the Community for customers … such as:

1. Technical Brief: XXX (subject area)
  2. How To Video: xxx (subject/coverage area)
  3. Video: xxx (subject area – more of a awareness or 191 – not a How To guide)
  4. FAQ: xxx (subject/coverage area)
  5. etc …

If so, what are the most common ones customers find helpful?

Thank you, Tracy

Best Answers

• PiperWilson
    PiperWilson HLV Staff
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

@tmartin0010 - I haven't seen any specific naming conventions, but I'm all for it!

As for the format you should use:

• You could ask your customers what they would find most helpful or what they think makes sense using polls, surveys, interviews, or observations of what they're already doing.
    • You could ask your internal teams what they use and go with that or something similar.

Does that help? Let me know. We can brainstorm more.

• wes_catalyst
    wes_catalyst Vanilla Seedling
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

@tmartin0010 we utilize categories and a specific naming convention for our resources in our Community. We have a category for "Build Resources" that has subcategories for Best practice, C4C (which are examples of how we do things in our instance), and Technical Reources

For individual posts, we use the "name of the feature | use case" like below:

• Playbooks | Renewal Reminder
    • Layout | Forecast & Revenue

Answers

• PiperWilson
    PiperWilson HLV Staff
    #4 Answer ✓
    Options

@tmartin0010 - I haven't seen any specific naming conventions, but I'm all for it!

As for the format you should use:

• You could ask your customers what they would find most helpful or what they think makes sense using polls, surveys, interviews, or observations of what they're already doing.
    • You could ask your internal teams what they use and go with that or something similar.

Does that help? Let me know. We can brainstorm more.

• wes_catalyst
    #5 Answer ✓
    Options

@tmartin0010 we utilize categories and a specific naming convention for our resources in our Community. We have a category for "Build Resources" that has subcategories for Best practice, C4C (which are examples of how we do things in our instance), and Technical Reources

For individual posts, we use the "name of the feature | use case" like below:

• Playbooks | Renewal Reminder
    • Layout | Forecast & Revenue

• PiperWilson
    Options

@wes_catalyst - I like what you're doing!

Are the threads with the naming conventions posted by staff, or do you edit the titles of member threads to conform? Maybe I'm over-complicating things?

• wes_catalyst
    Options

@PiperWilson you're correct, the threads with those naming conventions are posted by me and a couple other staff members.

We use our community as a resource for our scaled customers, so this makes things easy to visually sort through. We also utilize tags and encourage customers to use the search bar functionality!

• PiperWilson
    Options

@wes_catalyst - Thanks for clarifying!