Tip Tuesday: Unlocking the Power of Vanilla's Moderation Tools
Hello, Vanilla Community Members!
Creating a flourishing online community requires meticulous moderation. Vanilla has a ton of great tools at your disposal, and I wanted to put them all in one place for you to see what they are and how they work!
- Reactions: Abuse/Spam Flags: Allows users to flag unsuitable posts, triggering moderation queues.
- Warnings & Notes: Admins and Mods can caution users for disruptive behavior or specific posts.
- Reporting: Users can highlight inappropriate content for moderator review.
- Ignore: Empower users to mute disruptive members, creating a tailored experience.
- Split/Merge: Customize discussions by splitting, merging, or moving them.
- Civil Tongue & Keyword Blocker: Maintain a respectful discourse by replacing or flagging certain words.
- Author Selector: Seed content and switch post authors effortlessly.
- Bump: Highlight discussions by pushing them to the top without new comments.
- Inline Moderation: Admins and Mods get tools to manage discussions and comments directly.
- Troll Management: Discreetly handle disruptive trolls by making their posts invisible to others.
- Spoof: Troubleshoot issues by viewing the forum from a user's perspective.
- Resolved Discussion: Ensure all discussions are reviewed, ideal for curated communities.
- Akismet: Automatic spam detection and prevention.
- Stop Forum Spam: Cross-references user data with known spammers to block entries.
- Spam and Abuse Reactions: Quick responses to flag and manage unsuitable content.
With these tools in your arsenal, you're poised to cultivate a safe, engaging, and respectful community on Vanilla. Remember, a well-moderated community is a thriving community. Check out our Knowledgebase below for more moderation information!
- All Categories
- 21 Getting Started
- HL Vanilla Connect
- Onboarding Videos
- Search the Community
- 211 Community Hub
- 181 Talk Community
- 30 Community Announcements & News
- What do you want to to do?
- Create an Account
- I'm new here
- Talk Higher Logic Vanilla
- Talk Community
- Check out the latest release
- Submit a product idea
- Get help
- View Events