HLV Connect: Community & Customer Success: Mythbuster Edition!

Options
Heather Wendt
Heather Wendt HLV Staff
edited August 2023 in Talk Community #1

Join us on Tuesday, August 15 at 2pm EST as we take a look at some of the common 'myths' used when talking about Customer Success and Community.

Whether you are a Community Manager looking to help your internal stakeholders understand the value Community can bring, or a Customer Success professional wanting to understand how a Community can support the work you do, this conversation will help.

Register Now!

Comments

• Shauna
    Shauna HLV Staff
    Options

I am SO excited for this session today — if you haven't already RSVP'd there is still time!

• Heather Wendt
    Options

Here are the session recording and the chat notes from this week's session! Thanks again for the opportunity to share!

Session Recording

Passcode: d^U7FcjN

14:03:48 From Tony Reinke - Cribl To Everyone:

Fall

14:03:52 From HollyR To Everyone:

Fall

14:03:52 From rlux To Everyone:

Yes

14:03:53 From Ginger Anderson To Everyone:

FALL!

14:03:54 From Sasha_antonenko To Everyone:

Spring!

14:03:56 From Katie Freedman To Everyone:

Spring

14:03:57 From José Lefebre To Everyone:

Definitely Fall

14:03:57 From K Bateman To Everyone:

Fall

14:04:01 From wcalsh To Everyone:

Fall🍁🍁

14:04:03 From Jenna Lansky To Everyone:

Fall!

14:04:25 From Liselotte Peterson To Everyone:

Definitely a Spring person! That means all the snow is melting in Finland!

14:04:40 From José Lefebre To Everyone:

it's not 100F :D

14:04:50 From Tony Reinke - Cribl To Everyone:

Fall = coaching youth American football

14:04:56 From Sasha_antonenko To Everyone:

@Katie Freedman looks like we are the only ones who appreciate may showers and early blooms

14:06:03 From Heather Wendt To Everyone:

Reacted to "@Katie Freedman look..." with ❤️

14:06:28 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "@Katie Freedman look..." with ❤️

14:07:11 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

14:08:14 From rlux To Everyone:

Fall == shorter days. 🙁

14:08:21 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "Fall == shorter days..." with 💯

14:11:32 From rlux To Everyone:

Honestly, haven't heard that one

14:11:37 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "Honestly, haven't he..." with 💡

14:12:20 From K Bateman To Everyone:

Time, bandwidth

14:12:28 From José Lefebre To Everyone:

Reacted to "Time, bandwidth" with 👍

14:12:29 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "Time, bandwidth" with 💯

14:12:39 From HollyR To Everyone:

Not sure why it matters to my customers

14:12:52 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "Not sure why it matt..." with 👍

14:13:24 From rlux To Everyone:

Half my company aren't native English speakers so we do get some people hesitant because of that.

14:13:31 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "Half my company aren..." with 💡

14:13:34 From Liselotte Peterson To Everyone:

I got one from a product team yesterday, saying that because their current users don't use it, they are not interested. Yet - I am trying to demonstrate the reason that they are not engaging, is because their is little content about their product in the first place

14:13:47 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "I got one from a pro..." with 💡

14:23:46 From rlux To Everyone:

I work regularly with our product team to help them survey community members

14:23:49 From Kristin_Bravo To Everyone:

We spent time making sure that we did a few all company presentation so all teams understood what community is and the benefits before we launched.

14:23:56 From Heather Wendt To Everyone:

Reacted to "I work regularly wit..." with 💯

14:24:02 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "I work regularly wit..." with 💯

14:24:11 From Liselotte Peterson To Everyone:

Reacted to "We spent time making..." with 👍

14:24:19 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Love that idea of leveraging personal relationships - so simple, so key

14:24:42 From Heather Wendt To Everyone:

Reacted to "Love that idea of le..." with 💯

14:25:36 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "We spent time making..." with ❤️

14:26:00 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Great point, Kristin about making sure folks in the org know the importance of community (the what’s in it for me factor)

14:28:43 From HollyR To Everyone:

Happy to share more! I'm on LinkedIn if it's helpful to connect - Holly Rieke at Board International.

14:28:50 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "Happy to share more!..." with ❤️

14:29:02 From José Lefebre To Everyone:

Reacted to "Happy to share mor..." with ❤️

14:29:02 From rlux To Everyone:

Sorry, I have to jet to another meeting. I'll catch the rest via recording.

14:29:09 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "Sorry, I have to jet..." with 👍

14:29:17 From Ginger Anderson To Everyone:

Same - thank you!

14:29:22 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "Same - thank you!" with 👍

14:30:28 From Liselotte Peterson To Everyone:

In my company, we do count a question in community as a call deflection

14:30:35 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "In my company, we do..." with 💡

14:31:43 From Firmy To Everyone:

Reacted to "In my company, we do..." with 👍

14:31:56 From HollyR To Everyone:

We use two big 'shiny' metrics that ELT resonate well with.

Community Influence & Case Deflection

We position them as 'potential' values. Meaning...up to $X.

14:32:13 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "We use two big 'shin..." with 💡

14:32:18 From Liselotte Peterson To Everyone:

Reacted to "We use two big 'shin..." with 💡

14:40:12 From HollyR To Everyone:

For Case Deflection, we have come up with an agreed-upon formula based on past experience. It's not perfect, so we use 'up to $X' in the storyline.

Total traffic X cost per case X .25

This assumes up to $X in deflection -- members could have (not would have) opened a support ticket without community. The .25 reduces the total value by a reasonable amount and accounts for bots in the total traffic value.

Hope this helps!

14:41:06 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "For Case Deflection,..." with 💡

14:41:16 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Super insightful, Holly!

14:42:10 From Liselotte Peterson To Everyone:

Reacted to "For Case Deflection,..." with 💡

14:42:14 From HollyR To Everyone:

YES!

14:42:46 From Kristin_Bravo To Everyone:

FOr sure, we would not be able to manage our growth without Community with the same staff we have

14:42:53 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "FOr sure, we would n..." with 💯

14:45:17 From HollyR To Everyone:

I have to run. Great to connect today! Thank all!

14:45:25 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "I have to run. Great..." with ❤️

14:45:43 From José Lefebre To Everyone:

yues

14:46:37 From Kristin_Bravo To Everyone:

We made the case using some of the ROI you have referenced, to invest in a dedicated Community Manager so this was not an issue

14:46:51 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "We made the case usi..." with ❤️

14:51:25 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Love this — as an SME internally and externally, I started answering questions that arise in customer calls, on slack with staff, or wherever else in my travels by creating a post in the community and linking it instead of replying 1:1 — a bit more time consuming initially but then I can link that post forever and the dividends it pays really helps

14:52:54 From José Lefebre To Everyone:

Reacted to "Love this — as an..." with 👍

14:53:02 From Tony Reinke - Cribl To Everyone:

How do you handle when people feel more comfortable in Slack and stay in private channels and so the community misses out on the knowledge? Also for making the knowledge stored in Slack more public? Slack isn’t searchable from google, bing, duckduckgo, etc.

14:53:03 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Heather’s profile:

14:57:04 From Liselotte Peterson To Everyone:

Gotta jump! Thank you for another great session! A lot of inspiration and ideas now!

14:57:10 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "Gotta jump! Thank yo..." with ❤️

14:57:54 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Based on these conversations and that recent popular post, I’d love to do a HLV Connect session just on engaging staff at some point…

14:58:25 From Jenna Lansky To Everyone:

This has all been SO helpful. Amazing timing. We are getting ready to launch the beta test phase of our new community within the week, and getting more SMEs on board is the current task - thank you!!

14:58:38 From Heather Wendt To Everyone:

Reacted to "This has all been SO..." with ❤️

14:59:32 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "This has all been SO..." with ❤️

15:00:43 From José Lefebre To Everyone:

Gotta run to another meeting.  Thank you everyone for all the insights!

15:00:48 From Shauna McClemens (she/her) | Higher Logic Vanilla To Everyone:

Reacted to "Gotta run to another..." with ❤️ https://gaingrowretain.com/ https://www.linkedin.com/in/hmwendt/

• Firmy
    Firmy Vanilla Seedling
    Options

Hello @Heather Wendt

I cannot view the recording; it shows wrong passcode.

Could it be the password is changed from the one sent via email?

Thank you.

• PiperWilson
    Options

@Firmy - I'm able to watch it. Would you be happy to try again? Be careful to check for unintended spaces if you are copying/pasting. That's usually what causes me problems.

• Firmy
    Firmy Vanilla Seedling
    Options

Hello @PiperWilson

Thanks, I have tried to type the passcode, however, still receives the same error. Perhaps I have the wrong password. I have sent you a private message to check the passcode with you.

Thank you.