How can we automate user account creation using Zapier?

lbj
lbj Vanilla Seedling

We're excited about the different zaps available to maximize our time. Unfortunately, we did not see a zap to automatically create forum accounts (unless overlooked).

Use case:

When a customer/non-forum user interacts with our community offerings, we want to automatically create a forum account using Zapier.

Is this possible with Zapier or a workaround?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Shauna
    Shauna HLV Staff
    #2 Answer ✓

Hey @lbj

I don't think this is possible with Zapier today, but honestly I think I would advise against this. I usually recommend that folks don't automatically register users for the community, but rather invite them to register themselves, for a couple reasons:

• It can create an odd experience to be signed up for something automatically and without specific consent
    • When a user registers for the community, they accept terms and conditions etc
    • When a user registers for community themselves, they'll be prompted to fill out any additional profile fields you have configured
    • It can create false analytics (folks that were signed up automatically but never even came to community)

I think the approach I would recommend here would be maybe not to sign them up automatically when they interact with other community offerings, but instead leverage Zapier to send them an email communication stating the value of the community (that what's in it for me factor to entice them) with a link to the community.

Answers

• Shauna
    Shauna HLV Staff
    #3 Answer ✓

Hey @lbj

I don't think this is possible with Zapier today, but honestly I think I would advise against this. I usually recommend that folks don't automatically register users for the community, but rather invite them to register themselves, for a couple reasons:

• It can create an odd experience to be signed up for something automatically and without specific consent
    • When a user registers for the community, they accept terms and conditions etc
    • When a user registers for community themselves, they'll be prompted to fill out any additional profile fields you have configured
    • It can create false analytics (folks that were signed up automatically but never even came to community)

I think the approach I would recommend here would be maybe not to sign them up automatically when they interact with other community offerings, but instead leverage Zapier to send them an email communication stating the value of the community (that what's in it for me factor to entice them) with a link to the community.

• lbj
    lbj Vanilla Seedling

Thank you!