These are some generic tips for addressing problems during an upgrade or installation.
cache/addon.php so that the plugin and theme mapping rebuilds itself on the next page load.
$Configuration['Debug'] = true; in your
conf/config.php to reveal full error messages. Remember to remove it when you are done.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies, then restart your browser.
- Clear the entire contents of the
- Vanilla cannot be reinstalled while the
$Configuration['Garden']['Installed'] = true; line is in your config. To restart installation from scratch, you can delete the
conf/config.php entirely and drop all tables from the database, then begin the installation process again.
- Revert to the default theme. You can do this manually in
conf/config.php by setting the
$Configuration['Garden']['Theme'] value to
- Disable plugins. If you cannot get to your Dashboard, you can manually delete lines containing
conf/config.php but do not remove HTMLawed’s line.
- Try running
/utility/update again (see upgrade instructions).
- Verify your permissions and default role settings are correct for every role.
- Start a new discussion on the open source community with your version number, the exact error message you got, and what you were doing when you got it.