** This issue was resolved in release 2023.015. **
📝 NOTE: Check out this article to learn more about our Known Issues initiative.
An issue occurs when a user doesn't make a selection for a Profile Field that has been configured as:
- Type: Single-select Dropdown
- Registration Options: Required
📝 NOTE: This issue is unique to this combination of settings.
On the Edit Profile Fields page and the Registration page:
- If the user selects from the dropdown list, everything works as expected.
- If the user does not select from the dropdown list (i.e., the field is blank):
- the Save button does not function and
- there is no indication as to why they're unable to submit the form.
This creates a confusing user experience.
You can bypass this issue to ensure that users can submit the form. Change either or both of the Profile Field's settings as follows:
- Choose a different Type; the other Types do display error prompts when a required field is blank, and/or…
- Set the Registration Options to "Optional"; the field is no longer required.
- Severity: Minor
- Resolution: Completed
- Reference: 4229